Badger5

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Diagnostics, Tuning and Modification » VAG-COM & Diagnostics

VAG-COM & Diagnostics VAG-COM is a diagnostics program that allows your PC to talk to your ECU - All VAG-COM / 1551 questions to be posted here

Old 27-12-2017, 01:49   #1
imchrism

imchrism has 10 points
Leon MK3, Rain/Light Sensor, VCDS Checked, fault code inside.

***FIXED - SEE REPLY (#3) ***

Hi folks, first time poster here.

Jumped in the Leon this evening (SC FR 184, 2014, about 61k on it) and the inside of the windscreen was frozen up, which is a new one, but I had some bottles in the car which I think led to the excess moisture (-3c here in Scotland, not totally surprised).

Drove up the road a bit and got a "Fault, Automatic headlight control" warning.

Turned the lights off then back to auto, and got the same warning.

I Checked it with VCDS when I got up the road, and here's what it's came out with:

934660 - Rain/Light recognition sensor
B1344 04 [009] - Internal System Fault

Now, I'm concerned the moisture has got to its internal electrics and I'm going to have to find myself a new one.

Anyone on here got any experience on this? I'll try it again in the morning to see if it's thawed and it's a fluke but I'm a bit worried here.

Cheers in advance,

Chris.

Last edited by imchrism; 05-01-2018 at 01:43. Reason: fixed issue
imchrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:45   #2
Col Max Pyat

Col Max Pyat has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by imchrism View Post
Hi folks, first time poster here.

Jumped in the Leon this evening (SC FR 184, 2014, about 61k on it) and the inside of the windscreen was frozen up, which is a new one, but I had some bottles in the car which I think led to the excess moisture (-3c here in Scotland, not totally surprised).

Drove up the road a bit and got a "Fault, Automatic headlight control" warning.

Turned the lights off then back to auto, and got the same warning.

I Checked it with VCDS when I got up the road, and here's what it's came out with:

934660 - Rain/Light recognition sensor
B1344 04 [009] - Internal System Fault

Now, I'm concerned the moisture has got to its internal electrics and I'm going to have to find myself a new one.

Anyone on here got any experience on this? I'll try it again in the morning to see if it's thawed and it's a fluke but I'm a bit worried here.

Cheers in advance,

Chris.
How did this work out for you?
Got some moisture issues in my own car also :/
Col Max Pyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:42   #3
imchrism

imchrism has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Max Pyat View Post
How did this work out for you?
Got some moisture issues in my own car also :/
Not as bad as I'd initially hoped! I pulled the sensor (took about 30 seconds disassembly, split the trim behind the mirror and rotated the mirror itself off) and upon visual inspection it looked perfectly OK.

I turned the car on with the sensor unplugged and it came up with the BONG headlight fault BONG immediately. Plugged the sensor back in and it had to be triggered with some darkness in auto mode to bring up the BONG.

Found a used sensor on ebay for 25 quid (PN: 5q0955547b) which had come out of a Golf Mk7, installed it the other day and the auto lights have been working perfectly ever since.

I reckon I was right with the initial internal electronics suspicion, which is a bummer if the inside windscreen freezes up every time I've got a sudden frost.

Interestingly enough, I've got a bit of seal issue with the passenger side window. Every time I pressure wash the car, there's a bit of moisture on the inside of the window dripping down, wonder if that's where the issue's coming from.

Best of luck!
imchrism is offline   Reply With Quote