Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT UK Dealer Network Section » SEAT Dealers: Your Say

SEAT Dealers: Your Say Happy? Unhappy with your local dealer? Post your comments here!! This particular forum is not to be used for "Witch Hunts" it should be used for constructive criticism and praise for SEAT dealers.

Old 30-01-2018, 13:58   #1
Philh46

Philh46 has 10 points
Payment for new Car.

Part payment via credit card at JCT600. Can they / do they refuse payment via credit card. I know some dealers say a maximum of £1000 per transaction but will they let you do several transactions ?

Any harm in putting say e.g 5k via credit card a month or so before getting the car ?

Reason being some 0% rates on credit cards have to be within 60 days of opening the card (as an example)
Philh46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 17:01   #2
Delta3D

Delta3D has 10 points
I used Credit Card for part payment at an official SEAT Garage, they let me pay £4000 of the cost providing I was happy to pay the credit card fee. There's no fee anymore so should let you?
Delta3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 17:13   #3
Scrogg
An Englishman in Cornwall

Scrogg has 10 points
No retailer is obligated to accept credit cards. Since January 13th this year they are not allowed to pass on the charges they incur for processing card payments (usually a percentage of the payment) so most will just refuse to accept them.