Go Back   SEAT - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum » Alhambra

Alhambra Use this forum for Alhambra specific topics

Old 05-03-2018, 11:02   #1
tomtom9119 has 10 points
Electrical Issue

Fuse three keeps blowing every time I change it. This is the one for pretty much everything (stupid layout), including ABS, fuel gauge, speedo, indicators, air con, heated seats, horn (this ain't listed but has also stopped working). Possibly unrelated, today my alarm system wouldn't turn off. The audible alarm has never sounded so I don't know if this is supposed to work, but the red flashes on the door still flash and the hazards won't stop. I've unplugged the fuse for the hazards just so I can get the car home without getting pulled. I can't open the car using the fob, but I can using my key in the door. I jump in and then the engine over (apparently this will turn the alarm off) but the hazards still kept going and the red light wouldn't turn off.

Seat Alhambra 1.9TDi 2005 Stylance.
tomtom9119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 19:47   #2
90landrover has 10 points
I would check the wiring between the door and the pillar on all the doors (including tailgate). This is a notorious failing point - the wires are very thin and snap over time causing various weird electrical problems. I would almost guarantee that you will have a broken wire. It's an easy fix if you can handle a soldering iron.
90landrover is offline   Reply With Quote