Air Filter for PD Tdi Alhambra - Which one

zan

Roadhouse!
Jun 22, 2007
Highlands
this may sound daft but gona ask anyway...would a replacement panel filter(green for example) produce more of a sporty sound from a diesel?

zan

Roadhouse!
Jun 22, 2007
Highlands
Cheers stu,i didn't think it would make much difference to the sound. My mate has a 55 plate Leon FR tdi 150 and his seems to have a nice sporty sound from standard.Must be a different standard exhaust or sumthin

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Hey Stu - No problems with the green panel filter then? Just wondering seeing as I've just had to cough up for a new MAF after 48K... :(
Keep taking the OE paper filter out and shaking and vacuuming it :redface: but it gets so filthy so quick - and they're bleedin' expensive...

hahah Sooty T.. long time no hear ..... Bammer K & N filter has had potatoes and plant growth removed from it - Well it was that blocked up with cr*p so cleaned and re oiled (very lightly) and re fitted.... no probs.... nothing, just the same as the leon.. Although that did in the very very early years have a maf replaced, but that was prior to the K & N filter being fitted....