Ibiza Cupa - worth upgrading the front mount?

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
Just wondered if its worth upgrading the front mount on a remapped car? It doesn't look very big and I'm sure there are gains to be had as the car still feels quicker when the temperature drops below 11 degrees C...

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
DSC00439.jpg

Small? :blink:

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I had my photbucket already open for another thread.

I think its safe to say its big enough to cope with a remap.

People use them running Hybrid turbos so they must work.

Altough uprating the pipes is a good thing. The pipe above the crash bar is awful.

gazjones

yep for simple fitting of the bumper really saw the bumper pics in other thread so though you might reply in this thread with a pic

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
lol it doesn't look that big with the bumper on :D and I thought it was only half that height.

In my defence I had just been looking at my mates front mount on his Scoob - now that really is huge :blink:

Still doesn't explain the huge performance increase in cold weather?? I realise why it does it (denser air etc etc) just wondered if you could replicate it? I/C water spray maybe?

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Still doesn't explain the huge performance increase in cold weather??
In the winter, the air going into your intake is colder to start with. That means that ultimately the air going into your intercooler is not as warm as it would be in summer. Also, the air rushing past the outside of your intercooler is colder in winter, so it has a much more powerful cooling effect than it does in the summer.

Any intercooler, no matter how big or small it is, will always give colder air in winter than it does in summer.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Yup its really that big. My neighbour with a Subaru even commented on it, wondered if it was standard.

Its about twice as big as his!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.