Where is the AUX in socket??

DerbyJim

Hi everyone!

New to the site and have just upgraded from a 1.9TDi (PD Sport version) Ibiza to an FR 1.8T in a nice Zenith Grey colour. Loving it so far....

Now this might sound like a stupid question :doh: but could anyone tell me where I can plug my MP3 player in??? It says in the Brochure that it has an AUX IN, presumably to plug an I-Pod (or other well known brand of MP3 player in! :p )

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
it should be next to the handbrake but if its an early facelift it will not have one

davea

Aug 21, 2006
Stickney
Hi there, welcome fellow newbie :)

I'm suprised the dealer didn't go through all the features with you, they did when I got mine.

Anyhow, the AUX IN is just near the handbrake nearest the drivers seat. Its got a cap on it so just flip it up and there you go :)

DerbyJim

AUX in

Thanks Insider / Davea,

I've just been out to look at where you have pointed me to and I see a handbrake with the "TCS" button on the LHS. On the RHS there's a square shape which looks as though it could be cut-out if needs be on other models but there doesn't appear to be an AUX socket.

Mine is a 56 plate with the honeycomb grille if it helps identify it further....? :confused:

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

gazjones

if the tcs is on the left hand side there should be an aux, on mine the tcs button is on my side rhs if its not there ask the dealers why not as the tcs button has been moved so the aux can be in its place

DerbyJim

Hi Gaz,

I'm guessing it doesn't have one then - do you think the dealers would retrospectively fit it?

It leaves me wondering if there is anything else that has been missed off which should come as standard... hmm.

I was reading about some Seat's would come with a USB connectivity point - don't suppose it would have this hidden somewhere instead, would it??

Jim

gazjones

if they have moved the tcs button they mush have for a reason unless all face lift ones have it on passenger side and a blanking plug put on the ones with out the aux think it could be retro fitted though

DerbyJim

Yeah, little bit annoying as I told the dealer I was looking forward to using the socket. Well, gets rid of carrying all your CD's with ya.

(I do around 30k miles per year and a lotta miles on the M6 with no reception thru' the Lakes!)

Thanks for all your help guys. I'll contact the dealer on Monday/Tuesday and let you know how I get on.

gazjones

the head unit will support the aux so they can get the wiring and the socket and all should be good if the told you it was going to have it

INSIDER

DYSLEXICS UNTIE!
Oct 17, 2006
as i said before if its an early facelift (my 06) it didnt come as standard it was only fitted on the 07 model year cars but the supplying dealer should have made you aware at the time of ordering other tan the the aux in nothing else was different