A big thankd to Iain

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
Would like to thank Iain for all the work he had put in to get my car ready for UD , and it paid off as it won again this year , 2 years in a row now

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
Last year I had the pleasure of Detailing a Skoda vRS at Telford, for the show the next day. Working hard, and giving it a good shot, the car won its class for Best Skoda in Show.

This year, some added pressure. A repeat booking for the vRS, and also a booking for a SEAT Leon Cupra, which also won last year too.

The Leon travelled down from Glasgow on Friday morning to me, arriving nice and early and sowing only the battle scares of a early morning motorway trip. The car now carries 50k on the clock.

DSCF2448.jpg

DSCF2447.jpg

DSCF2449.jpg

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

Washing was done using a nice thick foam mix:

DSCF2450.jpg

Machined with 3m ultrafina, cleansed with my cleaner fluid for silver cars, and topped with Swissvax Divine:

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
The car was then driven down to Telford, and arranged for us to meet up again in the morning at the Arena.

Saturday morning, out the door at 5.50am for me, and arrived ready to rock and roll at Telford at 7.30am. The Cupra arrived just before 8am, and the vRS at 8am. Having worked the car last year, I was hoping the vRS would be in better shape this year. Not surprised, Simon had done himself proud and kept the car pretty well - Glyn will vouch he got to see the car when he arrived. The car now has 120k on the clock.

The vRS was given full wash, shuts traps etc, clayed with ultra fine clay. As we were obviously the first there, is was my aim to crack on, and get the cars round to the entrance to be first inside and so enabling maximum time in the halls, before people and other competitors started to arrive.

This really did work very very well this year. I had the vRD machined, and waxed, and the Cupra waxed before 1pm :) I spent a far bit of time cleaning the seats on the vRS, removing a dirt build up, door cards took some TLC too.

The next task wasnt intended or expected, but the wheels had to come off the vRS and get sorted to ensure we remained the chance of retaining the 1st place crown.

Some afters - some slightly blury as by now I was pretty damn knackered so my apologies, but getting both cars peaked for show competition was more important than taking process pictures.

DSCF2474.jpg

DSCF2473.jpg

DSCF2472.jpg

DSCF2470.jpg

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
DSCF2461.jpg

DSCF2462.jpg

DSCF2463.jpg

DSCF2465.jpg

DSCF2464.jpg

DSCF2466.jpg

DSCF2467.jpg

Both cars won their classes, Best Skoda in Show, Best SEAT in show. Both cars have now won 2 years running. I am proud, your **** right I am! :thumb:

Thank you to Simon, Kenny and James :thumb:

Iain[/QUOTE]

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Kenny, seen your car in Fast Car magazine, still have the copy of it, looks lovely mate. Have you ever been to Nuneaton? Seen a car very similar to yours a few times driven past me.

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
I have not be down south in the car since my last show of the year (westside) , is my car in fastcar what month was it in , can you scan the pics please.

The car was featured in redline about 12month ago.

Cheers Kenny

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Kenny, i'll see what i can do with the colour scanner at work. if it doesnt work out i'll pm you for your address and send you the mag, i think it was fast car - cant remember tbh, might have been redline - d'oh!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.