Guide to Removing Dash

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Ooooh. That looks tempting, if for nothing else, to clean the cr@p out from behind it... would love to know how many parking tickets have fallen down there :think: :p

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Minor update/correction.
On my girlfriends 1.4 chill, the horn/airbag bit isn't held on by the 2 clips, but by 3 T30 torx bolts.
1 left 1 right 1 bottom centre of the wheel round the back.
they don't unscrew all the way out so it's a case of trial and error as to whether their undone enough to take the unit out.
There;s a yellow 2 pin connector in the centre and a black wire to the side that need to be unplugged, gentle tugging soon gets them off (ooo matron, etc etc!)

Thanks for this guide, currently stripping her interior out to sort some leaks and this has been a godsend on those moments when I just can't figure out how that bits held in place :)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
:) it's one of the reasons I love this site, it's a veritable goldmine of useful information all uncovered with a magic search button

bAm__

dash

Hello ! could you please tell me if it is possible to remove only that piece of the dashboard where the passenger airbag is ? and if so, how can I do that ? thanks
postimgDOTorg/image/42iy31bbr/

jackell10t

Apr 3, 2023
Welcome to 2023 and your guide is still being used!! Had a couple of minor tweaks due to the type of car but none the less, this guide has been a big part of my last 2 days!!! Anyway, dash removed and new one fitted due to airbag deployment. All dials, etc are still the same from the old car. Problem is now though that the dials don't work (looks like no power to them) and the immobiliser has clearly clicked in as the car will start, but then shuts off again within 3 seconds. All the usual bells and whistles from the engine tell me that power is fine. The car engine worked fine before switching out the dashboard. Radio turns on but need the code and the Aircon works great. Just need the thing to start.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members