Center console and air vent removal guide

mofofunk

Ibiza 1.8T 20v FR
Apr 7, 2014
Preston
Not sure if these will help, I quickly just drew them up. Let me know if you run into any more trouble. :)

Tried to keep them the same colours, take out the bottom tray first (sorry my pic cut off), just stick your fingers in the bottom holes :)rolleyes:) and pull away from the engine and slightly upwards, there should be 2 clips holding it in place (light green).

f36yy8.jpg

Then you want to take out the Radio and the tray beneath it to reveal the 4 torx screws (red arrows).

2v80qar.jpg

You should then be able to remove the plastic (should be 3 clips holding it in place (dark green circles) but be careful as it's pretty easy to crack (as you can see I did to mine). Just drew on those yellow arrows to show where there's space to tuck the cables.

There's another 2 torx screws to take out the aircon too once you've taken off the plastic.

Much appreciated for the info ;) . I will give it a shot tomorrow and see if i can see what is going on back there. I have tried so many times to get the head unit seated correctly, but there just seems to be a serious lack of room back there, just a 1 din unit (same as the standard radio). Cheers ,

Ash

Trucer5

Jun 17, 2015
Glasgow
Great help! Thank you!

However since i disconnected the airbag plug the airbag light has turned on within the dash, anyone know how to turn it off ?

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.