Toledo vs Leon vs Ibiza

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Now tried a MY16 Ibiza ecomotive.

Good
- It has proper MSFW controls instead of the the big extra stalk.
- It has a proper maxidot.
- It feels much faster (in town) with its new little turbo engine than my old 1.4 16V does.

Having said that with 9000 miles on it the 1.4 has freed up a lot, and doesn't feel so terribly slow now. (even more surprising since I spent the last month with 435 bhp under my right foot :) )

Bad
- like most small 3 cylinders it sounds utterly rubbish.
- The dash (whilst better quality material) looks like a bodge job with the big media system looking really out of place.

The price hike for the new Ibiza was considerable - I don't think its worth it.

Same goes for the Toledo (in the same showroom for over 20k! ) Mine was 13.1k new at a similar spec!

Last edited:

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
Even though I have lot of time for my preferred dealer there is no way I'm paying the price for a Toledo upgrade. Not only sky high but no longer a petrol DSG... only one petrol DSG in Ibiza and Leon now... bonkers. I have message UK H/O and the reason is lack of demand for petrol, I find that unlikely esp after the derv emissions debacle. Probably be a Octavia next 1.4 DGS tsi ex MK H/O management car with all the toys.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
You can still get the almost identical Rapid with a 14DSG in the UK. Unfortunately it's Skoda's SE spec only so you'd have to pillage the option list to make it nice - it'd cost way too much.

If you can live with a manual, pre reg Toledo Style Advanced are on Autotrader around 13k rather than 18-20k in the showrooms.

the bert

Nov 28, 2015
I know but no go dude my left knee is poggered, "a typical infantry soldiers knee syndrome" so its two pedal autos only for me so limiting. Due to decreased mobility and movement may have to go for a higher position ergo easier in and out, possibly a Yeti TSi DSG, no way paying the staggering price for the Ateca. There again the current Toledo is only 32 months with 16k on the dial so no rush.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.