Flashing glow plug light - limp mode

Hsav71

Nov 3, 2016
Hi All,

A few weeks back i had dpf, emission control system and glow plug lights all come on and put the car into limp mode. Took it to my local garage dreading that theyd tell me Id need a nee dpf however they diagnosed it as exhaust pressure sensor. This was changed and everything was fine fir a few days until the emission control system light came on although performance didnt seem to be affected. I left it as it was for a few days as i didnt really have to to get back to the garage but then the glow plug light came on with limp mode again. I pulled over and restarted the car and it seemed to be fine again although the emission control light was still lit. The next day it went back to the garage and was told it was a fault with the exhaust pressure sensor again which they changed free of charge. Anyway, in the 5 days since then I have been suspicious that the car seemed slightly underpowered and It had gone into limp mode twice for no apparent reason. Has anybody had a similar experience to this and if so could they shed any light? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.