2006 onwards 2.0 TDI reliabilty

Aaron75

Nov 7, 2015
What engine code is the 2.0 tdi and do they suffer fromBalancer shaft oil pump issue ?
How reliable are the 2.0 tdi engine ?
Do the later 06 onwards VW and Seat suffer from water ingress through foot well ? drivers door wiring breaking up issues ? Webasto Aux heater issues ?
I was thinking of purchasing a Seat Stylance, how reliable are these ?

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
My stylance has had problem with the aux heater which turned out to be a glow plug fault. All the Alhambra's suffer from door/wiring faults because gauge of wiring is so small but it's no great problem to solder in new sections of wire. I have had no problem with water ingress at all on my current one but my previous one had the join in the feed to the rear washer break (this is located up above the top of the left hand footwell which dumped water into the footwell when the rear washer was operated), and no balancer shaft issues. Mileage on my 2.0 TDi is now coming up to 160,000 and it runs like a train. It is a mini bus, a van, and great tourer and people mover. I change the oil at every 6,000 miles. I have had current 08 one for 4 years and my previous 1999 one for 8 years. As long as you buy one that you know is good then you should be well satisfied. I would be lost without mine.

Aaron75

Nov 7, 2015
Thanks I ended up purchasing 2007 Metallic Grey Stylance with 120k MLS well looked after 1 owner well cared for. It has captain seats, Full electrics, 4 Rear rear child converter seats, cruise control everything works no fault codes except the blooming Aux heater needs glowplug

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.