MK1 Seat Leon Double Din

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to this forum, i am due to pick up my MK1 Leon Cupra R next week, Wondering if someone could advise me on parts and/or how to install a double din, I am aware of the basics that you loose the ash trey but im not fussed about that would like to keep the 12v socket really but it is the only thing i plan on changing as ive had screens in my other cars and would like one in this so i can have my phone linked and so on...

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is something I've done to my own Leon FR TDI and stripped out a few other Toledos so have a pretty good idea of the requirements and parts involved.

For starters you only loose the ashtray if you do half of the conversion ie. Retain the original lower centre console.

The correct lower console does in fact have an ashtray with a flat slide open lid, it's actually the same part used in the A3 8L and mk4 Golf.
With this you will also keep the 12v socket, albeit located in a better position imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Here's mine with a Pioneer headunit.
7e49b26c3cf5f7e9d4dd249101009304.jpg

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Here's mine with a Pioneer headunit.
7e49b26c3cf5f7e9d4dd249101009304.jpg

Hi mate. Thanks for the reply. Im happy to loose the ashtray as there will be no smoking in the beast when i finally get it
Can you advise on where i can get the parts and if there is a full thread on the removal and installation of it. im confident enough to do it all myself and dont mind paying the price for the parts but ive seen some paying £400 excluding the head unit which i think is crazy.
Also not to sure what head unit to get yet but all the double dinns will fit wont they. Id like one thats good. Got usb function bluetooth and hopefully nav

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Your best bet is to find someone breaking a mk2 Toledo V5 as a lot of these cars had them fitted from the factory.
Quite often you can get all the parts from these for fraction of the cost of buying one from someone who knows their scene worth, particularly sellers on eBay.
New ones are bonkers money and sod paying £400 for used parts!
Occasionally they come up for sale on the various Seat Leon / Cupra R groups on Facebook so it's with joining a few and keeping your eyes peeled but you need to act quickly as they do often get snapped up quickly.

Standard double din dimensional headunits only fit.
Beware of some of the bespoke sizes for various newer cars, especially some of the Jap ones available for quite cheap.
Most modern ones have USB, SD card inputs and Bluetooth connectivity as standard.
If opting for an Android don't go for the cheapest ones as they tend to lag considerably.

Last edited:

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Your best bet is to find someone breaking a mk2 Toledo V5 as a lot of these cars had them fitted from the factory.
Quite often you can get all the parts from these for fraction of the cost of buying one from someone who knows their scene worth, particularly sellers on eBay.
New ones are bonkers money and sod paying £400 for used parts!
Occasionally they come up for sale on the various Seat Leon / Cupra R groups on Facebook so it's with joining a few and keeping your eyes peeled but you need to act quickly as they do often get snapped up quickly.

Standard double din dimensional headunits only fit.
Beware of some of the bespoke sizes for various newer cars, especially some of the Jap ones available for quite cheap.
Most modern ones have USB, SD card inputs and Bluetooth connectivity as standard.
If opting for an Android don't go for the cheapest ones as they tend to lag considerably.

Cheers again mate. If you come across one at the right money can you let me know please. Ive found one on ebay near me for £400 but its complete centre console wkth everything. If its still there when i get my leon i might make him an offer if i collect. Am i right in thinking the toledo head unit will work ok with the 6 CD changer.

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Cheers again mate. If you come across one at the right money can you let me know please. Ive found one on ebay near me for £400 but its complete centre console wkth everything. If its still there when i get my leon i might make him an offer if i collect. Am i right in thinking the toledo head unit will work ok with the 6 CD changer.

Hi. A T reg toledo has been spotted by a friend of mine on a van ready to be scrapped. Is that to old to have the correct centre console. ??

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The factory fitted Seat sat nav MFD headunits utilise the same 6 disc changer as fitted to the Leon.
In fact you can only use these to play CDs as the slot on the headunit is reserved solely for the sat nav disc.

A T-reg Toledo is fine as it's still a mk2, is it a V5 2.3?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.