1.2 tsi

JonnyH

Feb 26, 2017
So I have a 63 plate ibiza fr 1.2 tsi and was looking online for upgraded turbos and can't seem to find anything, does anyone know of a company that make turbos for the CBZB engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crumpet

May 10, 2016
Essex
I have also looked but couldn't find anything regarding this matter.

Purchased a tuning chip from racechip. co.uk, if you're looking for performance I'll let you know how this goes when I install it; getting a new exhaust and air filter so hopefully a little increase in performance would be nice...

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
A guy called Micheal Hadid on facebook and he has just released Stage 1 and 2 hybrid turbos for the EA111 1.2 TSI engine. Stage 2 can acheive 190hp with intercooler and highflow down pipe. They stress teseted the engine while running these and they are fine with supporting mods. I am looking at getting one and having a boost controller fitted so I dont end up driving it full boost constantly but it does look quite good. 0-60 in around 6.2-6.5 with 190hp :)

JonnyH

Feb 26, 2017
A guy called Micheal Hadid on facebook and he has just released Stage 1 and 2 hybrid turbos for the EA111 1.2 TSI engine. Stage 2 can acheive 190hp with intercooler and highflow down pipe. They stress teseted the engine while running these and they are fine with supporting mods. I am looking at getting one and having a boost controller fitted so I dont end up driving it full boost constantly but it does look quite good. 0-60 in around 6.2-6.5 with 190hp :)

Can you send me a link to this guys Facebook page please

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby

Are there risks in extracting Cupra performance from a car and engine designed for a more sedate life?
I assume other changes, eg to brakes, clutch, tyres and suspension etc, would be needed but wouldn't it be easier and safer to buy a Cupra.
Might the diy approach lead to an unbalanced or unreliable result with disappointing resale value?

Last edited:

JonnyH

Feb 26, 2017
Are there risks in extracting Cupra performance from a car and engine designed for a more sedate life?
I assume other changes, eg to brakes, clutch, tyres and suspension etc, would be needed but wouldn't it be easier and safer to buy a Cupra.
Might the diy approach lead to an unbalanced or unreliable result with disappointing resale value?

Believe it or not the suspension and brake setup of a cupra isn't much different to the setup of the FR range. The FR brakes and suspension will happily support that power for a daily drive it's just track driving or very stupid and careless driving on public roads that it would start to cause issues.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Believe it or not the suspension and brake setup of a cupra isn't much different to the setup of the FR range. The FR brakes and suspension will happily support that power for a daily drive it's just track driving or very stupid and careless driving on public roads that it would start to cause issues.

Believe it or not you seem to agree with me! :)

F1

Aug 7, 2017
I have also looked but couldn't find anything regarding this matter.

Purchased a tuning chip from racechip. co.uk, if you're looking for performance I'll let you know how this goes when I install it; getting a new exhaust and air filter so hopefully a little increase in performance would be nice...

Any update please on the Racechip? ;)

Reiss160989

Jun 7, 2017
Stoke on Trent
I know of a company in the UK that'll supply you with a hybrid turbo that can produce up to 180-190 bhp on the 1.2tsi engine. If your willing to fork out £1850.00

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.