Ibiza 3 dr FR Rear Lights - Cracking

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
Good day to all.
Has anybody had issues with rear lights cracking. I bought a new Ibiza FR 3 door Red Edition in January this year and after a few months noticed multiply small / tiny surface cracks in both rear lights. Reported to the dealer on Saturday who came out to the car to check them and was then advised by the dealer that they have had a few issues with the lights cracking and booked me for an appointment. Anyway took my car back this morning to the dealer (booked appointment) to be told that as I have changed the indicator bulb (chrome ones and reverse light - led) that this has invalidated the warranty as I have not used genuine parts - WHAT A JOKE.
I have complained to Seat UK and are waiting on their reply but just wanted to know if anyone has had similar issues. Anyway the moral of the story if you do have issues with cracking rear lights please ensure that you put the original orange indicator bulbs and clear reverse light back in the rear lights before you go to the dealer.
Thanks Peter

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
So the crack in both happened after you swapped the bulbs out?

Either that, or you frequent the jet wash?

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
Don't use a jet wash and the cracks are small / tiny (look like surface cracks) numerous across both lens and are not from any impact damage either.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members