central locking with on remote key.

Darashen

Sep 21, 2017
Morning all seat newbie here looking for assistance with a couple of minor issues.

The car is a late 2009 1.6 sport model. It came with the normal 2keys, 1remote and 1 non remote. If I open the car with the key blade in drivers door only that door opens. To open the other doors I have to turn ignition on then use the centre console unlock button. Turning the key twice makes no difference. Is there a way to set the car to open all doors before I spend £126 on a second remote fob.

The multifunction display shows the current speed in kmh, can this be changed to mph.

Thanks.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that is how SEAT have engineered these cars, my daughter has a late 2009 1.4 16V 86PS version, and I have only used the second key twice and that was only a month or so, and I too was very disappointed when I discovered that the central locking seems only to be "remote" only!

MFD showing current speed in KPH, that is done now as the speedometer only shows MPH, don't ask why the speedometers now only show MPH or in other countries KPH - that seems to be progress. The point is, cars must be able to be driven from a MPH zone into a KPH zone - so a digital display of the "other" speed is made available via the MFD.

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
that and the fact that the alarm will activate if you don't turn the ignition on in the next 10 seconds makes the second key kind of pointless if you need it to replace the first key permanently.

BUT thats the goal, more money for the dealer if you loose the first key... all is money driven at the VW group.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.