Where to place Eurolites beam deflectors on full LED headlights

pinjester

Mar 11, 2015
I recently purchased a set of Eurolites for my Leon with full LED lights however reading the instructions I can't find the appropriate diagram to fit them 145.

Can anyone share this diagram with me? As I believe I still need beam defelectors to drive in Europe with this car.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Yes, it does state in the manual that no adjustment at all is needed if you're just visiting for a brief period as "a tourist". You only need to change them if you're staying for an extended period.

DecManLeon

Sep 20, 2017
I know this thread goes back a but has anyone got any more detail on this? I'm getting conflicting information on what I need to do (if anything)

I have a 2015 Leon FR SC with full LED headlight. I have purchased a set of Eurolite beam deflectors but unsure how to fit these or if I need to fit them for driving in France.

Any advice is welcome.

mattb82

Aug 13, 2016
Tamworth
You don't need to use them. The beam is apparently flat enough to comply with the regs for driving on either side of the road.

DecManLeon

Sep 20, 2017
Thanks, have read this before but just conscious that the local law might take some covinvicing

I have eurolites beam deflectors and they seem to show that they would be required...

Ictman

Jun 8, 2014
Hertfordshire
I have Seat Leon with Full Led's and Since Purchase in 2014 I visit Europe France,Belgium Etc 2 to 3 Times a year for up to 2 Weeks and I have Never Had to fit beam deflectors, and not been stopped by the Police.

Hope This gives you confidence.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I agree the beam is flat enough, however if you get lots of people 'flash' at you, then you could just put your car 10 meters from a wall with headlight on and on the passenger side light, put the Eurolites so that (looking at the wall) it covers the beam pattern rise (incline) on the left headlight (diagonally from drivers seat). I'm guessing this covers the 'odd one out' LED light unit that is higher than the other 5. This should be sufficient so oncoming traffic in Europe mainland won't get blinded, but as the others said, I don't think this would be a problem as per the handbook 'no adjustment required.'

fabiavrs2004

Sep 11, 2015
Bristol
There's a lot of talk about the LED lights, what bulbs are required for driving in France. I can't seem to find a definitive answer without calling the dealer. I have the LED tail lights

Deleted member 103408

this is what my car manual has to say on the full led setup

Driving abroad

The light beam of the dipped beam lights is asymmetric: the side of the road on which you are driving is lit more intensely.
When a car that is manufactured in a country that drives on the right travels to a country that drives on the left (or vice versa), it is normally
necessary to cover part of the headlight bulbs with stickers or to change the adjustment of the headlights to avoid dazzling other drivers.
In such cases, the regulations specify certain light values that must be complied with for designated points of the light distribution.
This is known as “Tourist light”. The light distribution that the halogen and full-LED headlights of the SEAT Leon range
have allows the specific “tourist light” values to be met without the need for stickers or changes in the settings.
Note
“Tourist light” is only allowed temporarily. If you are planning a long stay in a country that drives on the other side, you should take the
vehicle to an Authorised Technical Service to change the headlights.

There is certainly a setting (via vcds obd11)that allows you to change lights from right to left or left to right but i have to say when I tried it I noticed no difference and there was some issues with error messages.

Reactions: Sparkie

Ian C

Jul 16, 2019
Bolton, UK
I've also been looking into this as I'm going to be driving to the Algarve for 2 months but it would be cheaper to fly and hire a car than change the headlights I'm guessing.
Upto now the best info I've seen is to use a post it note....to mark the page in your handbook on the page that says about the "Tourist Mode" so that you can show it to the French "Old Bill" quickly and conveniently ;)

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I've also been looking into this as I'm going to be driving to the Algarve for 2 months but it would be cheaper to fly and hire a car than change the headlights I'm guessing.
Upto now the best info I've seen is to use a post it note....to mark the page in your handbook on the page that says about the "Tourist Mode" so that you can show it to the French "Old Bill" quickly and conveniently ;)
That's if the Gendarmes can read English or pretend not to.
The best hire car agency for Faro is a British one - Zest Car Rental (previously Economy Car Hire) https://www.zestcarrental.com/portugal/faro-airport/ , if you have any problems when in Portugal call their UK helpline not the rental company, they are very good.
I can also recommend buying a car rental excess insurance policy for yourself for a year from a UK broker (use google), although these usually cover rentals up to 1 month only at a time, but you can make 2 bookings, if you can avoid drop off/pick up at the Airport it will save you 15 Euro's.
Where are you staying the Algarve?

p.s. I used to travel 6--8 times a year and always rented a car

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.