Already been remapped?

KyleTap101

Oct 2, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum so please bear with me i recently baught my very first Seat Leon and I absolutely love it. It's the FR 184 with nearly every added extra apart from DSG and so far it's been running perfectly. This morning the washer fluid light came on so I had to fill it up, while I was under the hood I noticed some marks on the metal plate in between the fuse box and battery which looks like angle grinding marks to remove a couple of pins? I thought maybe it's covering the ecu and maybe it has already been remapped but to be honest it doesn't feel like it when I drive it. Or maybe there has been a problem there? Anyway, I was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me out and inform me of why they would have done this? Thank you

KyleTap101

Oct 2, 2017
God dammit, it's saying I can only post URLs to sites after I have made 15 posts

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Not sure but i seem to recall somebody saying if you post from tapitalk then you dont need to do the 15 posts

The other option is post the link to your pics like www DOT seatcupra DOT net/forums/showthread.php?t=440833

KyleTap101

Oct 2, 2017
Any better?
c8b934997e23e5aaa57731c63022a7cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KyleTap101

Oct 2, 2017
Much can see it now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Any ideas why it could have happened? It has a full service history by SEAT with no mention of it in the handbook. Last service was 2 months ago, just before I baught the car.

Deleted member 103408

My understanding these days the maps are done via obd11 port inside the car. Other option is a black box but i would not expect it to look like this when you take it off but dont have knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

KyleTap101

Oct 2, 2017
It's a mystery then maybe il try phoning SEAT where they serviced the car last to see if they can give me some answers