Temperture Gauge?

Fands

Oct 13, 2017
Hi, new here,
No 3 son just bought a seat bocanegra, loves it but temperture seems to an issue, do they have temperture gague ??
We cant find it :(

cheers

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Oh bother, I would expect a Boca to have a temperature gauge fitted as standard - something very wrong there, even my wife's Polos including her current 1.2TSI 110PS one has a temperature gauge, my daughter's late 2009 1.4 16V 85PS does not, but that is acceptable - just!

Edit:- the bottom line is, anyone wanting a car like a Boca normally knows what is going on under the bonnet, and that includes engine coolant temperature and oil pressure, as well as the boring things like fuel quantity, engine revs and speed!

Last edited:

Fands

Oct 13, 2017
So are you saying the Bocanegra does not have a temp gauge ? With a such a highly strung engine I would have thought it was essential?
The issue is it has a slight leak being evident from drops on the driveway so he need to check before each drive and monitor it during driving and the best way is kept an eye on the temp gauge

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What does the owner's manual say about this, if that car does now not have an owner's manual maybe get SEAT to order in the paperwork pack for that car - worth a try?

Obviously I'm not a Boca owner, I'm just trying to be logical.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Pre face lift - Nothing
1st face lift - Garmin SPS thingy
2nd face lift - In the center screen (use the buttons on the wheel to get to it)

All - you can get an OBD reader and an app like Torque (free should do it). Plug it into the cars OBD port and connect it, then mount your phone and your good to go.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members