New Tyres which?

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Need new boots next weekend to replace the Teflon Road
Shirkers that came with my Fr.
I'm usually a P Zero fan but in our size they don't get very good
reviews so I'm hovering between Dunlop Sportmax's and Michelin
Pilot 3's. Anyone had experience of either?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Dunlop SP SPortMAxx are awful - Rock hard and very noisy.
However Dunlop Sportmax RT or RT 2 are reviewed much better.

Look at Tyreviews.co.uk and just type in your size.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Dunlop SP SPortMAxx are awful - Rock hard and very noisy.
However Dunlop Sportmax RT or RT 2 are reviewed much better.

Look at Tyreviews.co.uk and just type in your size.

Yes the Sportmax's I was considering are the RT's.
Btw thanks for that tyreview link, cracking site.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Just a quickie, I went for the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's
And had all four filled with Nitrogen too.
92 quid each from ATS.
Boy what a difference from the Teflon Road Shirkers
it had before.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Quick update in case anyone else is thinking 'tyres' soon for their Ibiza......
My fronts will need replacing in a couple weeks especially after yesterdays
spirited sunny afternoon country blaaaast.
Bit of back ground,- My pd130 is running 171 brake and has the 312mm brake set up so tyres don't have it easy, most of my miles are Motorway but I do push when going around roundabouts.
So far the Pilot Sport 3's on the front have done 28,000 miles and I reckon the rears will be good for at least 35k.
They rarely break traction wet or dry and even in the snow last March and a couple weeks back they performed well for a Summer tyre.
I'm slightly obsessive so the car is well tracked, wheels are balanced every 6 months, I'm out with the pressure gauge every couple weeks and as a result they have worn perfectly across each tyre.
I was thinking of trying the Sportmax RT's next time to see whether they are quieter or not (they are a little cheaper too) but do you know what?
If it ain't broke why bother trying to fix it?
If you love your car as much as I love mine and want it to drive as well as it can, I'd say Michelin Pilot Sport 3' are where it's at.
:moon:

Reactions: kanyewest

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Quick update in case anyone else is thinking 'tyres' soon for their Ibiza......
My fronts will need replacing in a couple weeks especially after yesterdays
spirited sunny afternoon country blaaaast.
Bit of back ground,- My pd130 is running 171 brake and has the 312mm brake set up so tyres don't have it easy, most of my miles are Motorway but I do push when going around roundabouts.
So far the Pilot Sport 3's on the front have done 28,000 miles and I reckon the rears will be good for at least 35k.
They rarely break traction wet or dry and even in the snow last March and a couple weeks back they performed well for a Summer tyre.
I'm slightly obsessive so the car is well tracked, wheels are balanced every 6 months, I'm out with the pressure gauge every couple weeks and as a result they have worn perfectly across each tyre.
I was thinking of trying the Sportmax RT's next time to see whether they are quieter or not (they are a little cheaper too) but do you know what?
If it ain't broke why bother trying to fix it?
If you love your car as much as I love mine and want it to drive as well as it can, I'd say Michelin Pilot Sport 3' are where it's at.
:moon:
thanks for the follow up. i was going to buy uniroyal rs3s, but im reading too many reviews which say theyre almost disposable and bulge easy due to potholes and aggressive kerbing. im gonna pass because i dont trust myself/the roads up here and buy ps3s.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
update on my tyres. ive been running rainsports for almost 2 weeks, and im at 1.5k miles now. the car is sooo much more planted on the ground and i can push it a lot further. i didnt even notice the wet road in the rain, so happy to say im sold on the tyres so far

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise