Stock spark plugs vs NGK BKR7EIX iridium

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Can anyone please advise me on the spark plus used and what quality they are in the 13 plate mk3 leons and onwards. ive got a 14 leon fr so its 3 years old. I'm planning on doing a remap and i been reading up on another thread on here suggesting to change the spark plugs to the NGK BKR7EIX iridium. ive read they are top spark plugs pretty much money can buy and should make the car more "livelier"
Can someone elaborate on what one could mean by that?
Just want to make sure its worth the money as my car is right now kinda feels sluggish and only sometimes it feels lively. does the spark plugs make the car feel like "lively" like this or in another kind a of way?

thanks

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Past experience on upgraded spark plugs is that they are not really worth it, had them on my old car for a little while and they were horrible when the engine was cold, the idle would be lumpy and it felt like it was going to stall until i had some heat in it.

Changed them back to the standard ones (Ford in this case) and it was fine after that, that was on quite a highly modified one too. They were NGK ones too

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks for replies. I think I’ll just replace it with these one when needed. But out of interest how often does it need doing? Cars 3 years old and can’t be sure it’s been done before I had it. Current mileage 31000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members