what did you and your mk3 leon do today

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Looks great zeffania. What treatment did you use? - always looking for improvement to the top coat polish I have used.

Autoglym super resin polish

I tend to do most of the car before I buff it out. Harder to get off, but I find it works better.

Not sure what the garage used before, but there was only a small area over the whole car that was slightly rough so they didn't miss much.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
What MK3 have you got? SC, 5 door or ST?

Only I bought some of these for my ST and they are nowhere near long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just to say I bought the 540nm stabilus ones which are direct fit for the st but must be the same as the standard ones and unfortunately didn't pop the boot open as expected. I don't think as yet anybody has. I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd imagine it is only a case of a slightly more powerful version than standard with the same length, etc. E.g. 560nm but it would be trial and error unless somebody works for somewhere that sells them???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
Just to say I bought the 540nm stabilus ones which are direct fit for the st but must be the same as the standard ones and unfortunately didn't pop the boot open as expected. I don't think as yet anybody has. I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd imagine it is only a case of a slightly more powerful version than standard with the same length, etc. E.g. 560nm but it would be trial and error unless somebody works for somewhere that sells them???

I bought some from the item number mentioned. Definitely enough shove in them but they’re too short.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I bought some from the item number mentioned. Definitely enough shove in them but they’re too short.

Only going on the basis of what was available for the st. As mentioned these were the right length and are rated at 540nm but they didnt do anything so got only guessing would need something more powerful. Otherwise as others have said in the past the alternative is its just not possible. I think this is unlikely, in any case search for stabilus leon st on ebay and it will come up with these models - 630499. If you can find something better I'll be very happy.

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
Only going on the basis of what was available for the st. As mentioned these were the right length and are rated at 540nm but they didnt do anything so got only guessing would need something more powerful. Otherwise as others have said in the past the alternative is its just not possible. I think this is unlikely, in any case search for stabilus leon st on ebay and it will come up with these models - 630499. If you can find something better I'll be very happy.

Ah found the problem.

I’ve ended up with part no: 017468

Instead of 630499

Doh!

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Today I updated the maps to 820 ...

Do you have the Nav High unit with SSD ? Have you done a previous update by purchasing SD card or just downloaded files from Navigation.com onto a blan SD card and slotted it in ? Reason I ask is I understood that need Mapcare to use these updates.

Last edited:

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Few days ago I had really fun time on open road (late night time almost no cars on the road) and had fine fuel consumption :)

CE61EVM.jpg

Last edited:

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
It came like this.Havent coded anything for carbon background.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Thanks bud. Thought that was the case. Been trying to find the guide to open up the extra menu, but struggling to search with the correct question :cry:

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Thanks bud. Thought that was the case. Been trying to find the guide to open up the extra menu, but struggling to search with the correct question :cry:
I used my OBD11 to code come stuff on car,but dont have in apps option to put carbon.Maybe there is other kind of coding to put different backgrounds.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

batmanvip123

Oct 11, 2016
I like that carbon look background. Did yours come like that or require coding?

In cupra models is carbon background stock, you can try coding in vcds or obdeleven

Link to a Youtube video taalking you through the VCDS process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5LT7S4Px4

Essentially here is the steps to take depending on which year of car you have:
- Carbon Navi screen (for cars up to MY2015) Leon 5F,
Information Electrics,
Coding 70
Byte 17
Bit 0 false
Bit 1 true
Reboot the Radio (hold on/off button for 10 seconds)

- For cars from MY2016 or Navi plus, Leon 5F:
Information Electrics,
Coding 07
Byte 17
Bit 0 true
Bit 1 true
Radio reboot (hold on/off button for 10 seconds)

Reactions: zeffania

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
In cupra models is carbon background stock, you can try coding in vcds or obdeleven

Link to a Youtube video taalking you through the VCDS process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5LT7S4Px4

Information Electrics,
Coding 70
Byte 17
Bit 0 false
Bit 1 true

Information Electrics,
Coding 07
Byte 17
Bit 0 true
Bit 1 true
Radio reboot (hold on/off button for 10 seconds)

star, thank you

justbaldchris

Oct 17, 2017
Do you have the Nav High unit with SSD ? Have you done a previous update by purchasing SD card or just downloaded files from Navigation.com onto a blan SD card and slotted it in ? Reason I ask is I understood that need Mapcare to use these updates.

Sorry for the late reply - I backed up my original sd card and downloaded the official maps from Seat and the copied a file from back up to the sd card and bingo...

There is a guide on here. I will have a look for it if you can't find it.

smiciklas

Nov 14, 2017
]

Information Electrics,
Coding 70
Byte 17
Bit 0 false
Bit 1 true

Information Electrics,
Coding 07
Byte 17
Bit 0 true
Bit 1 true
Radio reboot (hold on/off button for 10 seconds)[/QUOTE]

After doing this, my resolution decreased and all icons where big?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Fitted an LED for the reverse light today
I78spLu.jpg

UW4oYcd.jpg

Spent a good 3 hours cleaning and waxing the car earlier, so took it for a little photoshoot.

ra2iMRp.jpg

9aCItvt.jpg

The spoiler and side skirts were definitely a good purchase. Really make the car stand out a little more.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.