Coming/Leaving Home Lights - OBDEleven

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
No its not true

They was trying to pass a law but it never happened it is optional

A lot of car's dim the DRL's when you turn the headlights on some turn them off completely it just depends on the manufacturer

The Leon's DRL's also act as sidelights....if you switch to sidelights they will stay on but dim this is because you can drive with just sidelights on on roads with street lights! but the DRL's would be too bright

Document from .GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...t_data/file/408964/daytime-running-lights.pdf

Extract from Parkers
All new cars and small delivery vans designed (or significantly updated) after February 2011 have DRLs fitted as standard. Research has shown that road users and pedestrians can detect vehicles fitted with DRLs better than those with just their dipped-beams switched on.
Cars and small delivery vans designed or updated before February 2011 are not required to have DRLs retrofitted.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I believe all new cars must have DRL's and they come on with the ignition in any light conditions but I think they go off when the headlights are on. I think the best way to see if you have rain sensing wipers or just intermittent wipers is to switch on to position 1 (1st position up from off) with a dry screen if the wipers work intermittently with a dry screen then you haven't got rain sensing wipers.

Thanks, however my lights come on with the remote unlock before ignition. I appear to have auto dimming rear view mirror, I will double check the rain sensing wipers tonight when I get home.

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
So...I am now finally getting somewhere with the Coming/Leaving Home Lights.

I am happy with just simply pulling the stalk for Coming Home lights.

Regarding Leaving Home lights, i followed this guy's Youtube video instruction :

example for outer tail lights and fog lights
STG 09, 31347, Adaption,
Leuchte 23 SL Lichtfunktion H „Interior Light“
Leuchte 24 SL Lichtfunktion H „Interior Light“
Dimming-Wert GH: 100 (case LED 126)
Dimming-Direction GH: Maximize

Leuchte12NL LB45 Lichtfunktion C12, "Interior Light"
Leuchte12NL LB45 Dimmingwert CD12, 126
Leuchte12NL LB45 Dimming-Direction CD12, Maximize
Leuchte13NL LB5 Lichtfunktion C13, "Interior Light"
Leuchte13NL LB5 Dimmingwert CD13, 126
Leuchte13NL LB5 Dimming-Direction CD13, Maximize

The above mods successfully lights the front led fogs and rear outer tail lights when unlocking car via remote.

However, in regards to the rear lights, it only activates the outer tails upon unlocking the car and not the full rear tail lights on each side.

As i don't want to mess something up really badly here, does anyone know what i may need to change to light up the whole rear led tail light upon Leaving Home function..

I am genuinely loving the car every day even more now as i am disovering the things i can do with it.

Toledo16vTdi

Jan 5, 2014
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have the convenience pack with sensing wipers and mirror. I’m trying to get just the front drl’s to come on when unlocking in the daytime like my audi does.
Anyone know the correct coding for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have the convenience pack with sensing wipers and mirror. I’m trying to get just the front drl’s to come on when unlocking in the daytime like my audi does.
Anyone know the correct coding for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also interested in this which is exactly what bought me to this thread.

Would be really nice to have DRL activate on unlock during daylight.

Kempo

2015 Leon 1.4 FR EcoTSI
Dec 30, 2017
I have tried changing the Leuchte4 and 5 settings from Ch/Lh Oder Activ to Innenlicht hoping they would come on with the interior light but it hasn't worked.
These front DRLs (and the LED headlights) still come on with the manual Coming home method of pulling the stalk on leaving the the car.
It sounded like that Interior light change should work. I did do a Hard reset and the changes have taken ok when I check again.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.