Options affecting Leon lead times

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I just got lucky I did not know in advance, I chose a spec and ordered one. There happened to be the exact spec I wanted on the next ship.

I also got between 24% and 42% off my last 4 new cars by buying from stock.

I got 23% off my brand new factory order this time around :funk:

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
It all depends on the options you add as the discounts normally aren't affected by them, so the more you add the less as a percentage the discount.

I got 21% off my Cupra 4drive through drive the deal but that would have been 22% without the options. At the time they were offering almost the same amount of discount in cash on all Cupras when i ordered so would of been a larger % on an SC etc

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
It all depends on the options you add as the discounts normally aren't affected by them, so the more you add the less as a percentage the discount.

I got 21% off my Cupra 4drive through drive the deal but that would have been 22% without the options. At the time they were offering almost the same amount of discount in cash on all Cupras when i ordered so would of been a larger % on an SC etc

I didn't add any options, just metallic paint. Drive the deal would have been a few hundred cheaper but for that kind of saving I preferred to use my local dealer.

I'm still happy with the price I paid, but next time maybe I should shop around more.

I've had my current car for 12 years (mk3 Ibiza Cupra, owned from new) so if that is anything to go by it may not be for a while though!

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
I talked to my dealer today and she said the car is built:

In principle for the week will be requested the transport, still do not know if it is at the beginning or the end of the week

Anyone have experience about this make request transporte the factory to the stand? How much time? I think is go by train because i live in Portugal and the factory is in Martorell.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I only got 20% off, through carwow :(

I thought I'd got a good deal! Where do you get these bigger discounts?

Drive the deal - they've been offering some great prices on there for a while, depending on the model/spec you go for.

Does it really make that much difference? I can slightly understand if you are buying but there is literally no point to this on a PCH.

I'm getting the car on PCP, so I wonder if it would improve the value of the car in 4 years time when it comes to trade it in.

If I'm trading up in 2022, would it look better to have car registered as "2018 - 67 plate" or "2018 - 18 plate"?

Even if it's not a huge amount of money, is it worth getting the dealership to hold onto the car for a few weeks?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Drive the deal - they've been offering some great prices on there for a while, depending on the model/spec you go for.

I'm getting the car on PCP, so I wonder if it would improve the value of the car in 4 years time when it comes to trade it in.

If I'm trading up in 2022, would it look better to have car registered as "2018 - 67 plate" or "2018 - 18 plate"?

Even if it's not a huge amount of money, is it worth getting the dealership to hold onto the car for a few weeks?

Difference between a 17 67 and 18 18 will be around £400 maybe up to £500. Between a 18 67 and 18 18 it drops to £200-£300 as a rule of thumb.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Difference between a 17 67 and 18 18 will be around £400 maybe up to £500. Between a 18 67 and 18 18 it drops to £200-£300 as a rule of thumb.

Interesting, thank you! Even £200-300 isn't to be sniffed at I guess

It's going to depend on when the car arrives and if my patience can hold out. It's look like end of Jan/early Feb, and given i'll have waited 6 months already a few more weeks won't hurt

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I only got 20% off, through carwow :(

I thought I'd got a good deal! Where do you get these bigger discounts?

I got 26% discount off the basic price, also through a broker, just a different one. I think basic price of my 1.8Tsi FR 5 door before I added any options was £22,300 retail and I got it for 15,905.

nelly22

Oct 20, 2017
Just an update: had an email a couple of weeks ago saying that my build week of 48 was still unconfirmed so decided to email again this week to see if had been confirmed yet as week 48 is next week. Had a reply to saying that the car was already built and in transit so should be with me before Christmas!! Happy days

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Well got the phonecall at 5pm - mine arrived at the dealer today!!

I've put my plate on retention and emailed them the ref number so hopefully by 6pm tomorrow I'll have it in my posession!

Just downloaded the android auto app too.

Can't wait!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire

I've put my plate on retention and emailed them the ref number so hopefully by 6pm tomorrow I'll have it in my posession!

Can't wait!

So how long does that make it from order to collection?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Ordered end of September - but the dealer managed to change one they had on order for stock to my spec - I've no idea how long they'd had it on order though.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017

Can't wait!

What app?

Orguss

Jul 3, 2017
Hampshire
An update on mine, Originally told 22-24 weeks (ordered 25th August). After contacting SEAT UK i was given an unconfirmed build week of 47, yay only 13 weeks from order. Just talked with the dealer to see if it was built last week and good news again its left the factory and is on route with it expected to be at the dealers in two weeks.

If all goes well i should be picking up the car after circa 16 weeks so 6-8 weeks better than estimate, hopefully the delays on CUPRA's are reducing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.