Vibrations when reving in Park

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
Hi!
I got a Leon Cupra ST 290 that has only 900 km on the clock. So it's basicly brand new..
I tryed revving it a bit when in Park on the DSG. And when I let go of the gas pedal and it goes down past about 1000 rpm it vibrates pretty heavy in the drivers seat and then back to idle where there are no vibrations.
And it does not vibrate on the way up so to speak, it's only when you let go of the gas and it goes down and around 1000 rpm you can feel it.

This is not normal is it?:confused:

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
Okay :( Thanks for the reply! I tested a bit more today.. If you revv it up quick or over 2000 rpm and let go off the gas you don't feel nothing.
It's only when you revv slowly up to about 2000 rpm and then let go off the gas and when it drops by about 1200 rpm you can feel a quick shake in the driver seat..

Someone with the same engine (and DSG) as me that can try revving it up to 2000 rpm slowly when in neutral or park and then let go off the gas and post the result here? :) I would really appreciate it!

I just want to be 100% sure that its not normal before I make a warranty claim!

Thanks!

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
Please try this please please!

It's only when the car is fully warmed up. Around 1200 RPM in Park or Neutral. Try to revv it carefully around 1200. You can feel it only on the way down. Not on the way up and not when holding it still.
You guys with a similar car, can you please try this when your car is fully warmed up?
Would really really appreciate it!

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
I have a 290 ST with DSG. It's at the dealer on Thursday to replace the air con compressor that has failed.

It would vibrate/buzz at similar rpm and load conditions you are describing.

It's obvious in mine if you have it in park and change the DSG to sport, so the rpm rises to around 1200, then open the bonnet and have a listen around the left headlight area.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
I have a 290 ST with DSG. It's at the dealer on Thursday to replace the air con compressor that has failed.

It would vibrate/buzz at similar rpm and load conditions you are describing.

It's obvious in mine if you have it in park and change the DSG to sport, so the rpm rises to around 1200, then open the bonnet and have a listen around the left headlight area.

It's the same thing when I have the AC off, but I will try to put it in sport and see what happens, and take a listen! Thanks for your post, really appreciate it!

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
It's the same thing when I have the AC off, but I will try to put it in sport and see what happens, and take a listen! Thanks for your post, really appreciate it!
No worries, hopefully you can find what is wrong soon. Nothing worse than not knowing!

Also by left headlight I mean left if you are stood at the front looking at the car (so technically the right headlight )

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
No worries, hopefully you can find what is wrong soon. Nothing worse than not knowing!

Also by left headlight I mean left if you are stood at the front looking at the car (so technically the right headlight )

Yeah exactly, it dosen't effect nothing, but just annoying not to know what it is!
Ok thanks I will try this tomorow, when the snow has cleared a little bit :D

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

You didn't happen to get a squealing sound from the aircon compressor before it failed did you? I've noticed that when I'm up to engine operating temperature, I get that sound around 1200rpm as the revs rise a fall, but normally on overrun when falling.

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
You didn't happen to get a squealing sound from the aircon compressor before it failed did you? I've noticed that when I'm up to engine operating temperature, I get that sound around 1200rpm as the revs rise a fall, but normally on overrun when falling.
There was no 'moment of failure' as such, I just noticed the vibration appear and then getting progressively louder over the course of a few weeks.

When I took it to Seat the technician used his stethoscope thing and called it within 30 seconds.

It doesn't impact on driving and he assured me it won't do any damage, I sincerely hope so as I've done about 2000 miles in the few weeks since then!

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
Ok so I put the DSG in sport mode today, and the vibrations is coming at 1500 rpm, idle is at 1200 rpm. And in comfort it vibrates at 1200 rpm and the idle is at 900 rpm.. So 300 rpm over the idle is where the vibrations come. And it's only on the way down, when the revvs are dropping.

I also listen everywhere outside of the car, but there is no sound coming from anywhere..
So just the vibration in the driver seat, no sound.

Anyone else got the same vibration?

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
At least you know it's not that then.

As boggle said perhaps it is normal but for some reason you have picked it up more...

Xelaz

Nov 10, 2017
Stockholm
At least you know it's not that then.

As boggle said perhaps it is normal but for some reason you have picked it up more...

I heard the revv-dropping-clatter today for the first time, man that sounds nice :D
Yeah! :thumbup:

It sure is nice to hear boggle say he got the same thing! But if it's normal there must be more seat cupra owners that can feel it!

Nov 20, 2023
Suica
IMG_4383.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4381.jpeg
    IMG_4381.jpeg
    912.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    834.7 KB · Views: 23
Nov 20, 2023
Suica
Oi!
Comprei um Leon Cupra ST 290 que tem apenas 900 km rodados. Então é basicamente novo..
Tentei acelerar um pouco quando estava estacionado no DSG. E quando eu solto o pedal do acelerador e ele passa de cerca de 1000 rpm, ele vibra bastante no banco do motorista e depois volta para a marcha lenta, onde não há vibrações.
E não vibra na subida por assim dizer, só quando você solta o acelerador e ele desce e por volta de 1000 rpm você consegue sentir.

Isso não é normal, é?:confuso:
View attachment 39307
Oi!
Comprei um Leon Cupra ST 290 que tem apenas 900 km rodados. Então é basicamente novo..
Tentei acelerar um pouco quando estava estacionado no DSG. E quando eu solto o pedal do acelerador e ele passa de cerca de 1000 rpm, ele vibra bastante no banco do motorista e depois volta para a marcha lenta, onde não há vibrações.
E não vibra na subida por assim dizer, só quando você solta o acelerador e ele desce e por volta de 1000 rpm você consegue sentir.

Isso não é normal, é?:confuso:
Estou escrevendo da Suíça!

Estou com o mesmo problema que você conseguiu resolver?

Já levei o carro em vários mecânicos e ninguém consegue resolver o problema!

obrigado se você puder ajudar

[email protected]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members