Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Deleted member 12147

This happened to me last week, as soon as it broke i knew exactly what it was. I followed the instructions on this thread, it was easy getting it off and only cost me £2 to get it welded up at a local garage. But was a pain in the a*se to refit.

I would recommend anyone who hasn't had this problem to get it welded up as you never know when it'll go. Luckily for me i wasn't driving fast and i was near my house when it broke.

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
Spoke to SEAT today who basically said its not a fault with the weld at all its apparently to do with either the clutch bearing wearing out or the clutch cable seizing.

Yeah....OK SEAT, how long did it take you to think of that? heheh

sixsr

Jun 18, 2006
Mine has just snapped. Its looking like it'll be into the New Year before I can get someone to fix it. Called Seat, they said it'd need a whole new pedal box and it'd cost £580 + VAT.

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
dont listen to them i was stupid anoth to put it in my local garage and it cost me £80 but there is a good guide on here some where looks a piece of piss

sixsr

Jun 18, 2006
I've got it booked into a local garage, they're able to do it next week but the guy used to be the foreman at the local VW dealer so knows what he's doing........hopefully. Its going to be a charge for 4 hours labour. If I had more time I'd of stripped it down myself.

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
I've got it booked into a local garage, they're able to do it next week but the guy used to be the foreman at the local VW dealer so knows what he's doing........hopefully. Its going to be a charge for 4 hours labour. If I had more time I'd of stripped it down myself.

shouldnt take anywhere near 4 hours as it cost me £80 at a garage wich doesnt do seats and that included a new pedal and labour and i thought they had stitch me up at £80 nether mind £580 or 4 hours work

Alex Cupra

Mine has just gone aswell has anyone got the part numbers for a new pedal and clip.

Deleted member 12147

Just get the pedal rewelded you shouldn't need to buy a complete new pedal unless it's completely shagged.

Black20VT

I need beer....
Sep 21, 2001
Swindon - Wiltshire
Mine went 80 miles from home last night [:@]

Any tips of how to get the clip off to get the pedal out? We've had 2 people trying, but still can't get the bu66er off! :wtf:

Also, is there a link to the ELSA images or anything?

Black20VT

I need beer....
Sep 21, 2001
Swindon - Wiltshire
Don't panic, sussed it. The end of the clip needs 'tweaking'.

Getting it welded tomorrow and back on the wagon tomorrow all being well!

Great thread, saved me a few quid! :clap:

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
mines goin into a local garage tmz where a mate works and theyr doin it for £45-£50 sooo its jst the labour really cant wait to get it fixed lol

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Can someone please re-post any pics they have of the pedal as the original links have gone down. I need to show a mate so he can take mine out and do it next weekend

TIA, Rob

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Took mine off and got a mate to weld it for me today before it actually broke to save the hassle of being stuck with no clutch somewhere. Bit of a bitch to get the spring back in but we found it easiest to keep it compressed using cable ties and then cut them once back in as suggested by other people in this thread.

To be fair the welding on my pedal didn't look all too bad so I don't think mine was a high risk but at least now I have total peace of mind. Pics below:

Before:
ABCD0004.jpg

After:
ABCD0003.jpg

ABCD024002.jpg

Getting the spring back in:

DSC00095.jpg

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
hey robbie c is that a stack of **** in the corner of pic 1? :)
i remember that spring what a pain in the arse it was to get it back in wish i had cable tied it would have been soooo much easier.

r1ch83

Is this is problem with just cupras or is it on all ibizas? I have a 1.4s and was wondering if I needed to get it sorted??