Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
boris - just get some samco pipe - i think its a 70mm internal bore - ive got a rubber one at moment and i got my pipe attached to it - im ordering a samco one and putting a breather filter on the pipe -

but let mike confirm the size tomorrow -

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
cheers guys will be able to order 1 now,

my vacume hose's came today just got in now so will try doing that on thursday :)

cool mike hope it does sound like that, hoping for money for xmas then new turbo and other bit on there way :)

am gonna get some vids up of mine soon hopfully so can see what the sound diffrence will be

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
s7000125tm3.jpg

Mike where does your cold air feed go to? I couldnt get a good flow of air by going behind the grill, its all full up with radiator and fans under there? Would like to move mine up front :)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I have two mate, one in the wheel arch where the standard air feed normally is located, then the silver one you see in that picture, its flexible stuff, got it from the Motorists Centre. FlashBSD (Banned) had the last of mine, does a good job!

It goes above the fan, just.. lol....It does make a difference, obviously it is a bit restricted, but as I have one in the wheel arch aswell, its more than you normally get... can feel the difference 40+ as the cold air is heading straight for the induction kit :)

"Every little helps" ;)

Mike

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
I have two mate, one in the wheel arch where the standard air feed normally is located, then the silver one you see in that picture, its flexible stuff, got it from the Motorists Centre. FlashBSD (Banned) had the last of mine, does a good job!

It goes above the fan, just.. lol....It does make a difference, obviously it is a bit restricted, but as I have one in the wheel arch aswell, its more than you normally get... can feel the difference 40+ as the cold air is heading straight for the induction kit :)

"Every little helps" ;)

Mike

Fair enough, cheers dude. Might have a bash at squeezing some hose up inder there then :)

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
am gonna have to get 1 for mine to gets abit hot after awhile. gonna try changing the vacume hose's 2moz tried last nigth but couldent get old ones off and it was dark

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Good thread, I'm going to give this a bash over Xmas. Few things.....
Can you use all parts that are already there apart from vac pipe (which I've got loads of)? if not were did you all get the "Y" bits from?
Has any one given the car some real beans i.e got the turbo really hot? Because by putting then over the back there they are close to the turbo and you wouldn't want them melting.

May 2, 2006
Can you use all parts that are already there apart from vac pipe (which I've got loads of)? if not were did you all get the "Y" bits from?
Has any one given the car some real beans i.e got the turbo really hot? Because by putting then over the back there they are close to the turbo and you wouldn't want them melting.

had mine glowing bright orange on the old k03 mate, no issues regarding anything melting
i did reuse the heat sheilds over the original hoses though and kept the heatshroud where the ic goes into turbo (just because im paranoid)

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005

We can do yours tomorrow when you come down mate, only takes 5 mins. I reused a t-piece instead of a y-connector. Remember those bits usually sit on top of the rocker cover which also gets uber hot when giving it some so they should be fine.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
heres mine

inletmanifoldfitted.jpg

inletmanifoldfitted1.jpg

be careful bolting the valves to the rear of the rocker cover, the heat from the turbo will break the small metal wings they are secured down with and they drop down onto the turbo and the plastic guts melt out, extended the loom on mine and built a resistor pack to allow me to remove the valve completely.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.