100_1103.jpg

connect up here

100_1108.jpg

hope that helps

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
blue wire is constant live the blue and white makes the lights on the w8 light dim with the interior lights

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Sonmething I realised when fitting the light, my rear view mirror is an autodimming one, meaning it has 2 red led's that are on when the lights are on. I'd be able to tap into the correct wire on this yeh?

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Well the wiring from the mirror runs up and can be seen in the same compartment for the W8 light wires above the interior light. Was just hoping to find the right wire.

Also, i've installed it, and the light works with opening the doors, but won't stay permanantly on when i push that particular button

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
sounds like you have one or 2 of the wires round the wrong way. you need to get youself a test lamp and check that the wiring is the same on yours as you have the funky mirror. i had this problem when putting it into a golf and it turned out to be one wire wrong.

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Right I still have an issue, i've checked the wires, seems ok to me, but I havnt connected the dimmer wire, just the other 3.

So when I open the door, the main light comes on, as it should, the 2 map lights work, as they should. But when I start up, all 4 lights come on, and stay dim. And also the permanant on function of the main light doesn't work.

Anybody know why? Could it be because the dimmer isnt connected?

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
it works with or without the dimmer connected. it sounds like you have one wire on the wrong terminal. can you send a piccy of whats connected where and the end of the plug on the car

dave_chandler

Anyone live close to oxford that would be interested in doing this for a few pennies? I would provide the light etc and a cup of tea, but you'd need a soldering iron and the wires

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Anyone live close to oxford that would be interested in doing this for a few pennies? I would provide the light etc and a cup of tea, but you'd need a soldering iron and the wires

i would offer but i live in hindhead. i can supply a almost plug and play version (you have to conect one wir yourself) PM me for more info

dave_chandler

Pm sent, anyone had any problems whilst fitting this light?

dave_chandler

st10587 units are very simple to use, as i got my last one from him was done in the matter of minutes... if u still need a hand im in and around oxfordshire :)

Cheers for that, should get one within the next few weeks, and should be able to do this then!

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
I'm wondering why you need to trail a wire down the A pillar to the blue and white wire behind the light switch when my interior light already has an auto dimming function as standard?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.