Fitting LCR splitter

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Fitting LCR splitter (Leon Cupra) to a seat Ibiza.

LCR splitter (part number =1ML805903) £20 aprox normally slightly less.
25mm self-drilling/tapping screws £3 B&Q
Black silicon Sealer £8 B&Q

Right well I thought as I had asked a lot of questions about fitting this part, it is probably an idea that I make a guide and help other people out too. Please excuse the pictures they aren’t too great but they give the general idea.

Firstly I will start by telling you to make sure you have plenty of room as this job can be fiddly, also an extra person would help here or masking tape. If you can raise the front of the car this would also help as it will give you more room under the car.

dsc00121ji4.jpg

• Start by cutting off the plastic Vs on in the middle of the splitter as these do not hook in as they are not on the Ibiza. You may also want to consider screwing the self tapping screws through the ridges on the splitter these are the best parts to use as they are slightly more reinforced, note putting the screws towards the lip on the splitter will help as it will pull the splitter in and keep a smaller gap than if you put it further back.

dsc00124yb0.jpg

• You will also want to cut some of the splitter off at either side don’t cut too much off, but cut enough off to allow more movement, you can always cut some more off later (I removed the hack saw blade and cut it just using that as not to damage the tyres).
• I next lined the splitter up, proper alignment is with the Vs in-between the metal posts central, that’s where mine are hope this makes some sense should when you have a look. Then your best bet is to masking tape the splitter up to the bumper, so that middle bit is attached pretty well, now comes the fiddly part if you have some strength and a decent size screw driver if you haven’t raised the car. The best thing to do here would be to drill I pilot hole, which I didn’t because I didn’t raise the car.

dsc00127jf2.jpg

• Here comes the screwing part I put the screws through the splitter and left them through with just the a little point through the edge before attempting to attach splitter to the bumper, there is also a personal preference point to note here, aligning how far back you want the splitter would be a good idea here as well before you put the screws in, mine was just a little bit off (about 1cm) the under lip where the bumper joins, putting it too far back makes the job rather pointless and 2 far forward looks crap. Once you have this sorted, screw in the middle 2 screws do this 1st and try to keep them even i.e. the same level so one side isn’t coming off at an angle as this will affect the whole splitter and put it out, i.e. 1 side out more than another.
• Next you want to work your way round both sides bending and screwing in the splitter to the size you want, once this is done you should cut off the excess around the wheel arches.
• Now with this finished it is probably a good idea as there will be some gaps to go around and fill them in with the black sealer, this matches well and just finishes it off perfect.

Couldnt get final pic as my cars in garage and couldnt get far enough back but take a look around looks cool, al take a pic when I get a chance outside.

Anyway there’s my guide hope it helps people, its not a hard mod but I think any help that people get before doing a mod is a good idea, even if it does just save a few mins.

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Just to note you DONT remove the "V"s totally. U need them cut down a bit or u have nothing to screw into in the middle

Last edited:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
obviously you dont remove them out the plastic u just cut em down. O and I only used one screw for the middle to allow it to move with some freedom if it scraped on anything

Last edited:

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Have ya got a pic? Cant understand how u put just one screw through the middle
If u put a screw through each of the "V"s its solid enough to take a hit.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
actually I think I took the middle one out, come to think of it will have a look later on. Didnt bother attaching it on the Vs cut them off and screwed it on around leaving the middle bit without any, so if it hit a curb or anythign like that it can move and hopefully wont rip anything off, being as that is the most likely part to hit

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Ah rite. Woz just wondering cause took the screws outta the middle bit of mine to see if it held itself up and it jst dropped all saggy like. But hey to each his own

peterrc

Jan 13, 2008
will this splitter fit 2003 pre face lift 1.9 130 tdi sport, or will it need to be modified. good pics though

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
just a little bit. I usualy remove just a little bit less than the amount that would make the Vs level with the sides meaning the Vs are slightly but only a little bit higher than the sides of the splitter.

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
Really easy to fit, i took to much off the middle so had barely anything to screw into so used a 2penny sized spacer. dodgy i know had the car on a trolley jack on oneside and it lifted the car enough to get underneith allround. aligned the splitter to the middle of the car, screwed it from the middle out, pritty easy to see where best to put the screws in, i think i used about 5 each side with the 2 in the middle.

Couldnt find my tripod but heres a rough picture, its such an improvement! (also accidently deleted half my damn photos so only have this under exposed one with flash on :() *world most awful photo on a 400d canon.

I am crying out to get my car lowered though the standard ride height sucks.
car_notripod11.jpg

Last edited: