sub and amp install (now updating to include full Amped speakers too!!)

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
you ought to charge adam

only after I have finished putting mine in though!

i know your only jokin mate, but put that aside... i should!!!!!

naa not really. a lot of people have helped me out on this forum, i have tinkered with my cars electrics allot and know a fair bit now, im more than happy to give something back to the community, even after i get rid of my ibiza.

its like i have done an install to get electric / heated wing mirrors. i think i am the only one to have done this to a mk3 1.4 , so i should put a guide up, its just getting the time + not that many 1.4 owners would be interested in doing that mod.

samacus

Nov 30, 2008
hey dont think anyone has asked this but with taken a phono off speakers will this give as good a output as a aftermarket head unit? great thread thinkin bout wiring mine up like this but dont know what it will sound like cheers

1L19

Sep 1, 2008
Barnstaple
hey dont think anyone has asked this but with taken a phono off speakers will this give as good a output as a aftermarket head unit? great thread thinkin bout wiring mine up like this but dont know what it will sound like cheers

I wired mine up this way when I had my mk3, it sounded pretty good! I haven't got round to wiring up the sub in my new car yet via the aftermarket head unit, so can't really compare

All I can say is, it sounded great for me

1L19

Sep 1, 2008
Barnstaple
The sub I have is an active one (I think) so I can control the levels on the sub itself. If you use a normal sub with a separate amp then I think all of the levels are on that

What I did with the bass on the hu was set the speaker's bass level, then set the sub bass level on the sub itself

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
The sub I have is an active one (I think) so I can control the levels on the sub itself. If you use a normal sub with a separate amp then I think all of the levels are on that

What I did with the bass on the hu was set the speaker's bass level, then set the sub bass level on the sub itself

or do what i did and buy a bass controller for the sub amp ;).. works a treat so if the music needs no extra bass i can turn the sun nearly off, then i can wind it right up for some songs that make use of it!

RichFred

Has anyone tried using an autoleads PC-311 (linky) instead of the rca converters? Be interested to know if it works, I used to run my sub from my old golf gti's gamma hu with one of these. Gives you a set of front + rear line level outputs and also the remote switch power feed, i'd much prefer this to messing about with the hu's wiring!

Judging by the pictures i've seen the connector is there (yellow block), but i'm not going to pick up my ibiza till the weekend and can't see me sorting the ice out till early january what with christmas and all that! Need to see what's there first before i randomly buy tonnes of junk from ebay!

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
ohh thats not bad (thats it they do one to fit the ibiza HU though!).

also you hope it will produce pure low level signal for the RCA, as putting high level signal down an RCA = distorsion and noise

RichFred

Well I decided to find out for sure whether i need some rca converters or not, so I have bought a days access to the seat erwin site! I grabbed the tech doc for the radio and the pin-out is wrong for the PC-311 :(

However pin 11 (in the group of 3 different coloured smaller blocks) is labelled "subwoofer", but I can't see where the earth would be for that, as it's all in german.

On the bright side I have been able to download the specs for my car when it was new! I didn't know it had an LSD, even if it is electronic :)

Owain

CD changer

Hello people. I'm sorry if Im repeating anything, but I dont really understand what's on here! I've got a Seat Ibiza 1.9 SDi Cool Xreg (2000). I want to fit a CD changer, but there is of course the radio system that has been built into the dash! There is a CD button on the radio, but no CD changer. I've located the lead in the back of the car by the arch. But what know? What needs to be bought? Im looking for the cheapest way to get one. Any ideas and help would be deeply apprectiated.

thejollywodger

Oct 10, 2008
Hello people. I'm sorry if Im repeating anything, but I dont really understand what's on here! I've got a Seat Ibiza 1.9 SDi Cool Xreg (2000). I want to fit a CD changer, but there is of course the radio system that has been built into the dash! There is a CD button on the radio, but no CD changer. I've located the lead in the back of the car by the arch. But what know? What needs to be bought? Im looking for the cheapest way to get one. Any ideas and help would be deeply apprectiated.

cd changer by the sounds of it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise