£5 Ipod connector Guide

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
i use one of these, and never complained bout the quality, but then again i dont have a cd changer :(, so my ipod is my baby haha, but ive a question?

im gettin rear speakers (i have none) installed and wonderin if this will affect the sound ?
as im only gettin them for a bit of bass kick,
im gettin kinda worried now

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
probably not if you dont mind the (not so great) sound it produces anyway.. buying a connector (that fits into your cd changer spot on the back of the radio) with a headphone jack on the end of it will give you best quality..... but i guess it all depends what speakers you have :)

If it sounds fine on ur fronts only, putting some of similar quality in the rear is going to sound fine mate...

ibizacuprafaded

just done, looks so much better than having wire hanging down the front!

black_colt

i did something that i think look a lot better
i gat a AUX adepter of a audi a3 2008 and i connect it to my amp
its look like from the company.

i will take a pics and i will upload.

black_colt

ok i took a picture of the aux conector

p1030539w.jpg

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Is dere a slot already in the back off ibizas for a cd player?
i read there was:confused:
cus i know the owner before me had a cd player in it, and of course they took it lol
but they had it in the glovebox?
so wud there be a plug for the cd player?
:confused::think:

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
yea, there is - its the blue connector to the right which goes into the headunit which controls the cd player...

If they had it in the glove box then i assume the lead will be right behind the glove box for you :)

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
sweet :D, if theres no lead? where cud i buy one? :)
i rather a cd player for my new Minstry Of Sound Speakers lol

You shouldn't have to buy one, it should already be there in every car..

you can use cd's and that - but you could just pay 25quid and just get your mp3 connected up (with EXACTLY same quality of cd's) it just slips into that cd slot in the back of your headunit..and saves messing with cds :) u cant have a cd changer either cos that slot gets used up, but still imo mp3 is better as it costs under 30quid, rather than over a hundred for cd changer etc.. :p

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
You shouldn't have to buy one, it should already be there in every car..

you can use cd's and that - but you could just pay 25quid and just get your mp3 connected up (with EXACTLY same quality of cd's) it just slips into that cd slot in the back of your headunit..and saves messing with cds :) u cant have a cd changer either cos that slot gets used up, but still imo mp3 is better as it costs under 30quid, rather than over a hundred for cd changer etc.. :p

mp3 as in ipod? lol
what equipment is dat :p
sounds interesting

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
mp3 as in ipod? lol
what equipment is dat :p
sounds interesting

yea, any mp3 with a headphone socket in it.. hmm let me find it on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LINE-IN-AUX-Adapter-for-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-iPod-MFD_W0QQitemZ160341397795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item2555179123&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

that'd work well... i hid all the wires and just have it coming out down that middle section (hidden)...

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members