Haynes Manual?

stz

Posted in anther thread so apols for the duplication and yes I know this is an old thread. Haynes have replied to an email today saying that they have no plans to do a mk1 leon manual in the next 12 - 18 months!

If anyone has found an internet version or any useful reference material on the leon it would be much appreciated

shakeyperson

haynes manual

hi mate i have been looking for a leon manual to. Have you gone through haynes directly was thinking of having a look through them.

shakeyperson

haynes

ok cool well saves me contacting them to so are the golfs and audis that similar then.

FRik

Oct 28, 2006
Perthshire
Hope it's OK for me to resurrect this thread rather than start a new one. There are various electronic manuals on Ebay. Can anyone recommend one that works OK? Is there one that will operate from CD/DVD without loading onto my hard disc? Other than that, does one of the AUDI/Golf Haynes manuals cover a rear brake overhaul that is applicable to a Leon Cupra R?

Did anyone have any recommendations? Want a good source of info for my Derv.

oldskool

i just went and bought the mk4 and bora haynes manual. there are 2 of them so i went for the later one as my leon is a 2002 model

FRik

Oct 28, 2006
Perthshire
Let me know how good it is when it arrives. Cash is low atm, dont want to go spending something that isnt really worth it. (some new cleaning products is higher up the list :p)

oldskool

i bought it and its got the info in it i need. seems ok so far

oldskool

dunno dude, if its something specific i could check, if you were closer you could have a look before buying.:)

it has stuff to do with the engines that use long life servicing as well as the other ones.this one that i have covers mk4 golfs from x reg to 53 plate

oldskool

diesel engines in this one are codes as follows

AGR, AHF, ALH, ASV, AJM, ARL (150 bhp), ASZ, ATD, AUY, AXR

Petrol ones are

AHW, AXP, BCA (1390cc)
AZD , BCB (1597)
AUM, AUQ ( my leon has this engine)

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I've shamelessly stolen this from mattytdi on the uk-mkivs board:

For future search reference:

GREEN Book Haynes Number 3727 - April 1998 - 2000 (R to X registration) 4-cyl Petrol & Diesel

Petrol

1.4 DOHC (55kW) - AHW, AKQ, APE, AXP

1.6 SOHC (74kW) - AEH, AKL, APF

1.6 DOHC (77kW) - ATN, AUS

1.8 DOHC (92kW) - AGN

1.8T DOHC (110kW) - AGU, AQA, ARZ

2.0 SOHC (85kW) - APK, AQY

Diesel

1.9 (50kW) - AGP AQM

1.9T (66kW) - AGR, ALH

1.9T (81kW) - AHF, ASV

BLUE Book Haynes Number 4169 - 2001 - 2003 (X to 53 registration) 4-cyl Petrol & Diesel

Petrol

1.4 DOHC (55kW) - AHW, AXP, BCA

1.6 SOHC (74kW) - AEH, AKL

1.6 SOHC (75kW) - AVU, BFQ

1.6 DOHC (77kW) - AZD, BCB

1.8T DOHC (110kW) - AUM

1.8T DOHC (132kW) - AUQ

2.0 SOHC (85kW) - APK, AQY, AZU, AZJ

Diesel

1.9 (50kW) - AGP, AQM

1.9T (66kW) - AGR, ALH

1.9T (74kW) - ATD, AXR

1.9T (81kW) - AHF, ASV

1.9T (85kW) - AJM, AUY

1.9T (96kW) - ASZ

1.9T (110kW) - ARL

redGYB

Bump - Idiot talking...

Sorry to wake a sleeping thread... I've just spoken to Haynes and they never covered the BAM engine code - now I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to this stuff but the LCR225 has the BAM engine - which isn't listed in Muttley's post so I'm going to ASSume that the "1.8T DOHC (132kW) - AUQ" listed above is the closest as its the biggest number kW and its the 1.8t engine - how wrong am I?

Thanks and sorry if this is simply a stupid Q...

aagsager

Mar 3, 2013
I have litter y spent hours trying to find the right one for my Leon...thanks for this :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.