HOW TO GUIDE: De-Wipering! - Flush Tailgate (PICTURES ADDED!)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Decided to de-wiper the rear of the Ibiza this afternoon. Followed this guide for some tips.

All pretty simple really. Bought a set of grommets from Halfrauds (including the 24mm one for the rear screen) but have also a 25mm one ordered off ebay coming too.

Pretty pleased with the result. Will get some rain repelant stuff for the rear screen to help keep it clear/clean. Disconnected the washer hose in the engine bay (where it went before and I mended it.)

Here are some pics:

BEFORE
DSCF1815.jpg

WIPER MOTOR ABOUT TO COME OUT
DSCF1816.jpg

MOTOR REMOVED
DSCF1817.jpg

OLD BUNG
DSCF1818.jpg

HOLE
DSCF1819.jpg

FINISHED
DSCF1821.jpg

DSCF1820.jpg

DSCF1822.jpg

DSCF1823.jpg

DSCF1824.jpg

'07Ibiza

Fairplay, thats one of the best guides i've used! step by step and encountered no problems!
Ill add that when taking off the cover thats on the boot, if you use the 2 gaps where you remove the covers and pull hard, it should just pop off! And also when using the 24mm bung from 'Halfrauds' i added a bit of sealant around the inside and outside just to make sure! :) Thanks Alot!

wezzo11

Thanks! I'll post pictures of mine when I get time to upload them!

Stefal639

It's possible to install a rear view cameras in the hole?

(sorry for my bad english)

B4RK3R

Had my boot trim off the other day as I was tinting my windows and while I was having a cig break i was looking through this forum on my phone and i came across this guide and thought I'd have a go at de-wipering while I already had the trim off, literally took 5mins and looks miles better now!

steve300

Tried this earlier today inbeween the dismal weather and could only fine 3 of the screws to take the rear trim off, the two on either side where the rear bulbs are and the inside boot handle, where are the other two? Also struggled to get the wiper arm off, will have another go tomorrow any tips would be great.

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
dont know if youve managed yet but the other 2 are next to the catch for the boot, another piece of trim must come off. Doing this now, getting the whole boot trim out is a bugger! I'm maybe just weak :p

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
Apologies for bringing up an old thread, it's my first post!

I've recently bought a mk4 Ibiza Sport TDI, and I'm looking to re-wiper it. As I can't see anything out the back window after a few miles of motorway driving in the rain.
So I've bought a wiper arm and motor and I went to fit them yesterday, and realised I'm missing the rubber bung that sits in the window (see picture "old bung" above).
Does anyone know where I can get one of these, or have one spare themselves, I can't find one anywhere.

Cheers, Alex.

-BH

Aug 4, 2011
U have to go to the SEAT dealer i guess, or a scrapyard in your area?
Where did you search then?

JJC

Dec 7, 2014
Northumberland
Apologies for bringing up an old thread, it's my first post!

I've recently bought a mk4 Ibiza Sport TDI, and I'm looking to re-wiper it. As I can't see anything out the back window after a few miles of motorway driving in the rain.
So I've bought a wiper arm and motor and I went to fit them yesterday, and realised I'm missing the rubber bung that sits in the window (see picture "old bung" above).
Does anyone know where I can get one of these, or have one spare themselves, I can't find one anywhere.

Cheers, Alex.

Do you need to buy one? I have mine of my 03 ibiza and never plan on puttin it back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise