Clutch pedal on the floor

mikey_b

May 18, 2008
Manchester
sounds great, mine was done b4 i got it but have a bit of a scratch on on of the wings, its very hard to notice but would like to have the whole car done again, just so i knew it was flawless and get one of the bra's for the front to keep the stone chips away

I've got a good deal £750 for a full respray in and colour!!! i think i might get one of them bra's for my leon.

Ben111

Gaaah, I hate my clutch at the moment. [:@] Took me 10 mins to get my car into gear yesterday and the pedal is sitting very low... Seems to be ok once I get it in gear and drive for about 10mins, improves and then fine.

Just spoken to a mechanic and think it may be the master/slave cylinder leaking and air getting into the hydraulic fluid...

Any thoughts?

All fixed now, turned out to be a knackered master cylinder... :( But at least it's all good now and back to it's best! :)

ibiza22

ive had this problem mate when driving home from picking my misses up from work and snap in the middle of road in traffic and could do nother apart from push onto side of road lol its usualy the plastic clip [white]. or the flap brakes lose and allows clip to snap or brake free get it welded and ur on ur way
hope this helps mate

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
I had the clutch pedal clicking syndrome! i did do a thread about it a few months ago. It was very annoying :rifle:

All i did was put a big blob of grease on a fitch brush and grease the ball on the end of the slave cylinder that attaches to the pedal and the spring.

The noise went immediatly!!! and its not returned!!!:)

So far so good!

cupra_gaz

hi a had this problem before with my golf sunk to the floor clips snapped ,bought clips and still sunk to the floor ,turned out it wasa weld on the pedal that had snapped which let the pedal move further than it should which in turn broke the bracket ,look for that as clutch its self seems a bit much ,worth a look any way because that was what happened to me ,got a guy to weld it for 20 quid

Muffew

Jan 24, 2009
Just happened to me, but i have oil pi55in out the bottom of my car! I couldn't really see where it was comin from. The good ol AA bloke said it could be slave cylinder, is this external or internal?

daverb5

Easy fix for the known pdeal problem, once the plate has snapped off you can use a m10 nut/bolt and m8 nut/bolt to permanantly fix this,

As you look at the top of the pedal you will see a 10mm hole at a vertical angle, put the m10 bolt through the hole from the top and bolt the nut tight so it holds on the metal plate, This will stop the plunger on the master cylinder shooting through the pedal,

Now, if left like this, when you take your foot off the pedal the plunger fall out as the pedal returns too high, Get the m8 bolt and thread the nut half way down the bolt, ( you will need two m8 nuts)
In the pedal box braket above the pedal you will see a 8mm hole, put the bolt through this hole so the head of the bolt is facing the pedal, put the nut on the other side, with the two nuts on this bolt you can adjust how far the pedal returns. adjust this until the plunger no longer falls out,

Job done,

Hope that helps guys, I'm jst looking for an LCR and will be keeping these nuts and bolt in the tool kit.

ET CUPRA

May 12, 2007
Essex
Hi people.
Clutch pedal fell flat to the floor last night. when the AA bloke eventually showed up, he said the 'release bearing' had gone. He put about a litre of brake fluid in the master cylinder which just pumped straight out on to the floor! Master cylinder has only recently been done, so do you think it IS the release bearing, or is there a possibility this could be a 'white plastic clip' scenario?!!
Have done 92k on original clutch, so perhaps I'd do just as well to get a new one anyway.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Hi people.
Clutch pedal fell flat to the floor last night. when the AA bloke eventually showed up, he said the 'release bearing' had gone. He put about a litre of brake fluid in the master cylinder which just pumped straight out on to the floor! Master cylinder has only recently been done, so do you think it IS the release bearing, or is there a possibility this could be a 'white plastic clip' scenario?!!
Have done 92k on original clutch, so perhaps I'd do just as well to get a new one anyway.

if the fluids pumping through then its a hydraulic leak, if its leaking from the gearbox then is more than likely the slave cylinder which is gearbox out I believe

ET CUPRA

May 12, 2007
Essex
if the fluids pumping through then its a hydraulic leak, if its leaking from the gearbox then is more than likely the slave cylinder which is gearbox out I believe

Taking it to the garage in the morn so hopefully they can shed some light on the matter. The AA guy did say the gearbox would have to come out but not sure what he was on about with the release bearing:shrug:

Gordy T20

Same thing happened to me, i think it was the small metal clip that broke on mine, AA guy but a bolt and nut so i could get it to a garage, does anyone know how much it is to fix AA guy said a new peddle was needed?? And should i go to a seat garage or non dealer one??

legoman_0

LCR lover
Aug 28, 2008
Cardiff
Mine went The day before Xmas eve doing my Xmas shopping. The aa guy knew what it was straight away said it was a common problem, he put a plastic clip on their off a ford that got me home till I got to tesco an bang the clip broke for the second time in the same day. Next day seen that hole in the peddle went to halfords an did what daveRb5 did an just like new, better than tha 2mm price of metal holding it :)

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
My clutch dropped to floor a while ago, November, just after i bought it. Anyway, a foot behind it to lift it back up and it was back to norm. Its happened thrice since then. Low and behold, in December, a strange white clip turned up on the floor, but clutch fine. I kept the white clip in the ashtray. And only now, have I put two and two together!! Guess where I'll be taking a peek tmoz dinner!!

Question: This M10/M8 nut and bolt solution. What length of bolts are required? I'm assuming the M10/8 is the width. I'll be feeling for any leaks down there too! The costs are shooting up if the slave, so here's hoping!

legoman_0

LCR lover
Aug 28, 2008
Cardiff
I think I used an m8 either one will fit but you will prob have to take the spring out behind the pedal or plunger thing will keep slipping out, hard to describe nut you will when you get under their lol

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Cheers legoman. I'm paranoid when driving now with this clutch pedal thingymebob! I know that clip shouldn't be in my ashtray for sure! I prefer dabblin with cars in the summer to be honest with you!! Its damn cold out there, ha! Needs must! I wouldn't mind, i came on here to figure my suspension mod out. Front left sping snapped three week ago! What a nice welcome to the world of Seat!!

legoman_0

LCR lover
Aug 28, 2008
Cardiff
yea I was to but it's pretty solid when you put tha bolt in wouldn't keep it as a perm thing tho gotta get a new one Friday off here for £35 I think. Not much luck with it like me lol. I hit a house brick on the road snapped the splitter an it managed to go through the vent an hit the gearbox, Over Xmas I had an ignition coil go while doing my Xmas shopping an had to get home on 3 cylinders then the clutch pedal snapped 2days later then my outer cv joint had went an now got my mot lol. I still love it though wouldn't change it for anything. Everone is really good on here though to be fair anything you want to know just find a thread or ask a question someone will answer

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Brill. Thanks for the info. Sounds like you've had more fun than I have, with your car, to date, ha!

legoman_0

LCR lover
Aug 28, 2008
Cardiff
It seems tha everytime I got abit of cash to splash out on mods something goes wrong lol, hope you don't have the same an sure you will come to love urs lol