Leon flip Key guide

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
None on my blade...

It came from ebay, took a pic and sent him the pic, back comes a fully working blade.

Scarily enough the bloke at timpsons tried cutting a blade twice to get the key to work from the blade I gave him to copy.

Other guy does it with a jpeg lol

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
stevie steve, now that is weird...
mmm i wonder if just the garage then as they are new at seat cars. mainly honda & mitsibushi
help request out on vag-com section then

wondered how the sellers offered that service, as seemed strange

Ptar64

Feb 26, 2009
Hello all!

Had a go at getting my flip key sorted out, after getting one for £12 off ebay, whoop!

First blank key, timpson cut it and failed. Shocking cut, didnt want to know afterwards.

Got another one cut off ebay from ddkeyprogrammers. Received yesterday, fantastic cut!! Well worth the £7 and service.

Went to get my transponder out my service key. Spent 2 hours pouring nail polish remover and slowly taking off the glue, then the glass snapped :(.

Is it worth going down the route of paying out for VAG-Tacho and trying to do it myself?
Or if anyone in the Leicestershire area has it and will gladly pay them :).

Or is it better to go to the dealers and get its programmed there?

I seen mixed views about Tacho not connecting properly ect, I suppose that might mean the fleabay versions tho.

Regards,
Pete.

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
I was so skeptical when I heard it, but its like its your old key, just goes straight in.

Sounds like your timpson key was as bad as mine. Like I said before, crazy that a man can cut a key better from a jpeg than a actual key:wtf:

Ptar64

Feb 26, 2009
I was so skeptical when I heard it, but its like its your old key, just goes straight in.

Sounds like your timpson key was as bad as mine. Like I said before, crazy that a man can cut a key better from a jpeg than a actual key:wtf:

How he does it.... i dont know! Amazing though!
Yeah, the key they done for me was shocking, not a clean cut at all, he couldnt make it smoother and the cut was bigger than my original one.

Just need my transponder getting coded now. Cant believe i broke mine after 2 hours of working at the glue!

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
What car you got? The VAG Tacho seems to work for some, not for others. VAG Tacho is fairly limited in application so if it doesn't work that's your money wasted. Dealers will do it first time and it'll be right (in theory!).

I did the same as you steady as you go with nail varnish remover and just at the last minute... crack :(

Ptar64

Feb 26, 2009
What car you got? The VAG Tacho seems to work for some, not for others. VAG Tacho is fairly limited in application so if it doesn't work that's your money wasted. Dealers will do it first time and it'll be right (in theory!).

I did the same as you steady as you go with nail varnish remover and just at the last minute... crack :(

Sorry, I forgot to say :ban:

Got a MK1 Seat Leon 110 SX 2003.

Yeah Im worried about it not wanting to connect and thats £30 wasted :(. Going to get in contact with some local dealers and see what prices they quote me.

I about smashed my key when that happened! See it go crack before my eyes :cry:.

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
I heard mine crack first then it fell out from the back :( It was very disheartening!!!

I got mine done and they only charged me 1/2 hrs labour so not too bad. But I got the cable for tacho and com so I can have a play, etc! Didn't tell the wife ;)

Ptar64

Feb 26, 2009
I heard mine crack first then it fell out from the back :( It was very disheartening!!!

I got mine done and they only charged me 1/2 hrs labour so not too bad. But I got the cable for tacho and com so I can have a play, etc! Didn't tell the wife ;)

:(
How much was it? If you dont mind me asking :).
I would love to have a go, being a PC nerd :p. If the dealers charge about £50 or less, ill go to them.
Otherwise, ill be getting the tacho and have a play too!

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
I'm the same thought I've have a go at coding it myself but eventually gave up and admitted defeat (I know I'm not a real man ;) )

I got the cable off ebay, wasn't much I think probably less £20. Have a mooch to see if it works with your immobiliser on here (do a search) and then play. VAG Tacho is limited to reading the SKC code (needed to code in new keys), resetting fault codes and coding keys and a couple of other things, VAG Com is much better and can code keys in (but you need the SKC Code).

The SKC code is the difficult bit to get from the car and that was the deciding factor for me!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
well that was interesting.

it would only connect as VDO new. Then it managed to pull the SKC out. However, when I tried to program the new key it wiped all the existing keys off and then wouldn't add the new one. It kept saying it had but it hadn't. In the end I managed to get it to add and accept the old key again, but this new key is still sat doing nothing.

If I could get this new flip key to code itself to the central locking then I'd just swap the transponder out of the old key but it won't even do that!! :lol:

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
That's bizarre, the remote coding worked for me but I couldn't get the SKC out of the Immobiliser!? Did you get a "manual"/howto with the cable? I did which described the method to code in the key... but I couldn't get that far :(

What year is your leon? Did you see the video on youtube about how to code in the key?

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
its 2001 LC. yeh I saw the video for it. Nowt doin. I even worked out the exact way of pairing the key. Each time I did it with the old key it was fine. When I tried the new one it just wasnt having it.

chudy_lis

Guys - be carefull with vag tacho - its easy to make big mess when you dont know what u are doing.
About blade - doesnt matter if its 3w blade or chinese cheap one.
Now, it seems they are unable to do this as the blade is marked with W NOT W3 upon it.
the info sheet explains: The contact keys for third generation immbilisers are stamped in the metallic zone with: W3
- oldman - change the garage - it seems they havent got the equipment to do that.
blade must be properly cuted not copied!!!!!!!
all VW/SEAT/SKODA blades can be described by numbers eg 123456 or 243153.
ddkeyprogrammers read key number from the picture and then they input that code into digital machine wihich cuts the blade.
if timpson or any other key cutter is copying key i'm 99% sure it will fail (may work in the lock but not the ignition).