nightflight

Mk5 Ibiza Bulb List

markjw2

Feb 16, 2015
Na there's still a deffinate difference between the two, but due to the leds being quite dim you can't notice when the osrams are on. I'll try to get a clearer picture of both the LEDs and the osrams on later.

markjw2

Feb 16, 2015
Here's q slightly better pic so you can see the difference between the LEDs and the osrams
Screenshot_2015-04-06-01-26-19.png

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
I used a set of canbus ones and they were spot on, no warning lights at all! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh, so does that mean they are canbus or you just used them to be safe?

I want to use the Philips 6000k LED's, had them in my TT and they were great, but they aren't canbus.

What did make did you end up using?

joenewton_1709

joenewton_1709
Feb 12, 2015
Warrington - Cheshire
Ahhh, so does that mean they are canbus or you just used them to be safe?

I want to use the Philips 6000k LED's, had them in my TT and they were great, but they aren't canbus.

What did make did you end up using?

I just used them to be safe, I didn't try non-canbus ones so couldn't tell you if any warning lights would appear, sorry!

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
I just used them to be safe, I didn't try non-canbus ones so couldn't tell you if any warning lights would appear, sorry!

Well I ordered some non-canbus ones, the Philips 6000k. Finger crossed. Worse case situation I'll have to buy the canbus harness.

On another note, can anyone confirm the Facelift Foglight bulbs, H11 or H8 - I keep reading conflicting information.

Also, Sidelights, are these Canbus too?

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Well I ordered some non-canbus ones, the Philips 6000k. Finger crossed. Worse case situation I'll have to buy the canbus harness.

Well, they just turned up. They fit , work and no warning messages. :funk:

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Happy days!

Happy days indeed, i'll get some photo's up tonight!

I just need to figure out sidelights, dipped and fog lights now. I hate the yellow colour of the bulbs.

joenewton_1709

joenewton_1709
Feb 12, 2015
Warrington - Cheshire
Yeh I was the same! If you put your reg number on autobulbsdirect.com and it should tell you what types of bulbs you need. I know you were wondering about what the fogs were! I would say what I have fitted but mines a pre facelift!

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Yeh I was the same! If you put your reg number on autobulbsdirect.com and it should tell you what types of bulbs you need. I know you were wondering about what the fogs were! I would say what I have fitted but mines a pre facelift!

It doesn't recognise my Reg, I think it's too new! :cry:

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Bit of an update.

The facelift non-xenon sidelights are NOT canbus. Repeat, they are NOT canbus.

I used Philips 6000k T10's which didn't through up an error. Result.

JoshRedCupra

May 11, 2015
Essex
Can anyone give me links for Sidelights and dipped beam bulbs please? I'd like pure white colour but can't find any that don't throw warning lights!

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
As above, anyone know any LED's which don't throw up a bulb warning on pre-facelift models?
Ordered these (http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exteri...old-festoon-t10-17-led?sort=p.price&order=ASC) for the inner bulbs thinking that more expensive canbus bulbs would work better than cheap canbus LED's but I'm still getting errors, which while I don't mind the warning light on the dash, would it fail an MOT if the warning light is on?

Last edited:

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
Any warning light can cause a fail but you could chance it, or keep your old bulbs and switch them over for your mot just a thought.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Any warning light can cause a fail but you could chance it, or keep your old bulbs and switch them over for your mot just a thought.

Sorry for the late reply, cheers I suppose I could do that, only happens once a year anyway!:D

--------------------

I know it doesn't say in the original list but I just wanted to confirm that the registration plate light doesn't need to be an LED with a canbus system? Mine's an 09 pre-facelift with a single W5W 501 for reference.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.