Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Guide now located in the new resources section of the site

Last edited:

TTX

1.2TSI SE 5DR in Tribu
Jul 20, 2010
Great guide, will have to do this to mine when it arrives. What's the part number for the LEDs?

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Do these bulbs bring up an error message on the dash?
And are they bright?

Error message is bought up by these.

Picture of bulbs in car park :

sidelight5.jpg

Will try and get a better one at night

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
fitted mine today and $%?! me what a arse on it was! getting your hand in and trying to get hold of them took me a good half hour! looks great tho and compliments the HID's i fitted. shame the numberplate lights didnt fit :( have to send them back!

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
fitted mine today and $%?! me what a arse on it was! getting your hand in and trying to get hold of them took me a good half hour! looks great tho and compliments the HID's i fitted. shame the numberplate lights didnt fit :( have to send them back!

What was it like to fit your HID bulbs?
Had them in the dip beam of my 06 Passat, it was a right basket to fit the bulbs into the reflectors as the access hole was small and the screen wash bottle in the way.
Dip beam was great with them!
I propose to fit the H7 units from the Passat into the main beam and buy a new kit for the dip beam for my Ibiza which I hope to collect later this week.

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
Is there anyway to reset that error message yourself? I fitted canbus led's. But when i tried them i had one put in wrong. So that didnt work, changed it and all is fine. But the dashboard registered one of the lamps didnt work...so now its giving the error.

Do i have to go to the dealer to reset that? or is there some "check again"/ reset option?

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Is there anyway to reset that error message yourself? I fitted canbus led's. But when i tried them i had one put in wrong. So that didnt work, changed it and all is fine. But the dashboard registered one of the lamps didnt work...so now its giving the error.

Do i have to go to the dealer to reset that? or is there some "check again"/ reset option?

I'd take a guess you could reset yourself with Vagcom but not too sure if it will flash back up.

Does the warning light bother you that much? I don't like having mine on but I will put up with it for the lights as I know it will be off when I put the standards back in

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
I can't find the post, but i'm sure techie has posted how to do it somewhere.

Ill try to find it. thanks

@SC16v, well its not the end of the world. But the car is one week old, and having this yellow "warning" light thingie, just annoys me a little. :)

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
All these tales of the bulb warning light coming on when you fit led sidelights. Does the bulb failure light go off again if you re fit the standard bulb?

I had HID's in the dipped beam of my 06 Passat, every now & then when I switched to main beam, one of the dipped beams would flicker then go off always the off side light. The bulb failure light would come on. When I switched off the lights for a few seconds all was restored, both headlights working and no failure light:D..........until the next time the offside light flickered[:@]

Just fitted the kit I had in my Passat into the main beam of the Ibiza and upto now no problems. I intend to buy a new canbus compatible H7R hid kit to fit into the dipped beams.

Last edited:

TTX

1.2TSI SE 5DR in Tribu
Jul 20, 2010
I've just fitted canbus LEDs and the warning light has poped up. I'm gunna the dealership on Wednesday should they be able to fix it?

I take it your LEDs are the flat circuit board type - could you post some photos of each side of the board, please?

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Just fitted 2 of these, one in each side just to try them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-25-SMD-LE...arParts_SM&hash=item1e5e588fa9#ht_4228wt_1090

A nice white light and no warning light lit!!!

I think I may try to adapt the inner side light bulbs as DRL's if they are bright enough from a distance. As I have just finished fitting them, I have not been out onto the road, so have yet to find out if they will be bright enough for DRLs

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members