Disabling Corner Fogs

mxr156

tried four canbus 501s yesterday and it thru up the warning light!

So i need to use two ultras for the outers and two canbus 501 for the inners and ill have no warning light eh?

i also lost a 501 canbus doing this and is was too tight to pull out of the outer hole and fell down behind the headlight where i couldn't reach lol!

I have managed to change all my side lights to the same Can Bus LED bulbs with no error lights, but for the inner pair I got myself some can bus Resistors off Ebay and used them with the LED bulbs. I did have an error light before i got the resistors but it was bugging like that.

I also quite like the Cornering Lights, but that may be because I have LED bulbs there too, so all of my lights are the same colour.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
I have managed to change all my side lights to the same Can Bus LED bulbs with no error lights, but for the inner pair I got myself some can bus Resistors off Ebay and used them with the LED bulbs. I did have an error light before i got the resistors but it was bugging like that.

I also quite like the Cornering Lights, but that may be because I have LED bulbs there too, so all of my lights are the same colour.

Sorry for replying to an old thread but mxr how did you replace your fogs did you remove your bumper and is it the 2012 face lift version?
As I'm trying to get my bulbs sorted there too

mxr156

I have a Pre-Facelift Cupra, but to change my fog lights I started to drop the bumper, but managed to reach from under the front of the wheel arch after removing the screws to remove and replace the lamps without removing the bumper, Its a bit fiddely but possible! It totally depends on the time you are willing to spend on the job.

Tuneboy

Just got off the phone with a SEAT dealer. Made me lol. "it is illegal to turn the cornering function off". Hahahaha!

Well, in pure theory he's absolutely right actually. Cornering lights is something thats mentioned in the type approval of your specific car. Turning it on/off makes it not comply to it's own type approval anymore. Seat dealers are asked by Seat to only do stuff to the cars that's included in the type approval. That's also why alot of dealers will not mount parts supplied by yourself. They are only allowed by Seat to use original Seat parts that were made for your car (they look up parts by VIN-number).

Offcourse it wouldn't kill anybody to turn them on/off, but from an official dealers point of view I understand what he meant. Losing your oficial Seat dealership is like one of the worse things that can happen to a garage.

My question about this: If you have the OEM xenons with corner following function, is it also possible then to enable the cornering fogs? Or do you have to choose between the one or the other? My new Ibiza is only to be delivered in a few weeks but I'm already making a list of possible mods I want to make from the beginning. To me it is: the more lights the better!

tjmason

Seatbelt chime....disabled
Cornering fog lights.......disabled
just have to find the correct bit for bulb warning in cold dignostics

luv this VCDS 10.6 :clap:

How do you turn the seatbelt chime off mate..?

ntemis21

Feb 26, 2011
Greece
it can be done without the use of vag-com
i have done mine like this
behind the main light switch is this
1j0972999.jpg

number 11
is the command to turn on cornering function
i cut the cable and put a switch there
so when the switch is at on position all is normal with cornering on
when the switch is at off position the cornering has been disabled
with no error light in the dash.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
where can you get the equipment to turn off the corning fogs ?

If that is all you want to do - find someone local with the VCDS software and cable and pay them some beer tokens to do it.

The official software & cable is by Rosstech and comes in at £265 ish

Last edited:

Jordanwilson

Seat ibiza fr
Mar 6, 2014
Yorkshire
Well that's **** it's should be your choice well it's annoying because I paid 800 for the xenons and drl from the dealer as I have a brand new and then when I go round a coner have shity halogen fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
You can always clip the cable from pin 11 behind the headlight switch as posted in post #47.

I spoke to my local MOT station about the "cornering fogs are a legal requirement"

He said that they are NOT tested for on the MOT

I also know in passing a VOSA inspector - he said that no-one would be pulled for the cornering fogs not working ( assuming the fogs lights worked normally )

Last edited:

Jordanwilson

Seat ibiza fr
Mar 6, 2014
Yorkshire
So how is it possible to clip the wire and the fogs still to work normal or is the pin 11 just for Corning ?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So how is it possible to clip the wire and the fogs still to work normal or is the pin 11 just for Corning ?

From what others have proven - Pin 11 activates the cornering function.

I had mine dissabled by SEAT as part of buying the car. They were told to switch them off or the deal was cancelled.

Jordanwilson

Seat ibiza fr
Mar 6, 2014
Yorkshire
Well I asked seat and they said that they won't do it as it they say it's one of there new safety things

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.