Sppedo in cupra, 150?!?!?

woody_yeehaa

Tarmac Surfer
Jan 8, 2002
Ramsgate
Visit site
howdy,

question about my 20VT

anyone got any idea of how accurate the speedo is near the end?? - know they're pretty crap!

chased a bright yellow porsche carrera (in my bright yellow cupra, must've looked seriously funny!!) a couple of weeks back and managed to get to 150!! bout 145 on flat then up to 150 on a slightly down hill bit, he seemed quite impressed when i pulled up alongside him so i guess it was going well!!

porsche didn't exactly leave me for dead but did creep away!

really curious about the top speed now!!

bet he was a bit pissed about a 'hot hatch' keeping up with him :D

anyone else had readings this close or is mine way out?!?! seems quite accurate. 150 it was revvin about 6k

i love my car!!! seat rule!!

p.s. private road, honest!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Measure it accuratly at a lower rpm & guage it by that?

so at 2k it's doing say 60mph therefore 6k is 180mph

that kinda sum

is it chipped? if not you must have some torque to pull that brick thru the air!!

woody_yeehaa

Tarmac Surfer
Jan 8, 2002
Ramsgate
Visit site
no chip, as far as i know its bog standard!!!

not been out-run yet though (the boy racers round here cant afford propper cars!!)

not driving it at the mo, some **** in a land rover reversed into it :-( *******!!!

wanna get it chipped, think the upsolute one is the way to go!

CupraSi

Speed

Well I had 140 flat out on a flat road surface and it took me a a bit of apush to get to that speed, I think that was pretty close to the mark.

There is one thing though, the book speed of 135 is deffo out!

Si

woody_yeehaa

Tarmac Surfer
Jan 8, 2002
Ramsgate
Visit site
same with the 60 time as well!!

dont know why seat dont brag about the car more

best money i've ever spent!

mine didn't seem to have much trouble, never does at the top end!

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
i've seen 140 on the speedo 5 up on a flat road !!!:)

car was just startin 2 run out off puff, and had not been modded @ the time.

please note

this was also on a private road:)

Gadge20vt

5ft 7" Oompa Loompa
Sep 11, 2001
Greenock
Visit site
If they made the performance figures closer to what they are, then the car would probably be a higher insurance group.

This supposedly, was also the case with the 106 GTI. The 106 and the Saxo VTS are near identical. Yet the VTS quotes a lower 0-60 time and a higher top speed to the 106. The VTS is group 14 and the 106 group 13.

Well thats what I was told anyway.

;)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
no sign of temp sensor yet mate :mad:

infact no sign of anything yet :mad: the only sign there is is the possiblity of me gettin a beating from the body shop if i cant get his parts:mad:

modds im currently running r forge DV007, induction kit and a nice seat strut brace.

soon 2 have a private plate that will ad many bhp and make it so much quicker !! not

woody_yeehaa

Tarmac Surfer
Jan 8, 2002
Ramsgate
Visit site
dont suppose the body shop is after a boot lid and poss a bumper?!?! prob the bits for my car!!

insurance people told me its currently under repair, maybe they're lying?!?

be interesting to know mate, its at UCL in deal

dump valve any good? what induction kit have you settled on then?!?!?

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
no there probably using hollis motors in folkestone, but i know bob down there is havin probs gettin parts aswell.

dump valve is spot on, car seems 2 pick up a bit quicker now. as 4 induction kit im usin the pipercross again,
i will worry about any poss problems if they happen.

woody_yeehaa

Tarmac Surfer
Jan 8, 2002
Ramsgate
Visit site
phew!!

really miss my car! its horrible driving the seat and then getting stuck in a 1.2 fiat brava!!

did i see you a couple of nights ago on that bit of dual carriage way between prospect in and the roundabout to cant/ herne bay? whoever it was left me for dead in my fiat!!

whats the score with the induction klits? something to do with the MAF sensor & water??

really tempted but i dont want to shag the car up! of would it be under warranty??)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
possibly me i cant remember !!

im always out lettin the local nova/ corsa boys race me, i dont think they know what it is yet:)

they all thought my 16v was 1.4 !! did they get a surprise when right foot went down.

im still a bit confussed on the induction kit, pipercross have said u can run it with no oil (but then there's the small dirt particles prob)

with oil there's the poss of damaging the maf sensor, and as 4 water i think it's something 2 do with it running past the induction kit (something 2 do with water channels but im not 2 sure on this though)

im running the pipercross on and off at the mo just 2 see how i get on with it and if i can c any possible probs !

hope u get ur car back soon, then u can come n join me in the nova/ corsa thrashing session :D

woody_yeehaa

Tarmac Surfer
Jan 8, 2002
Ramsgate
Visit site
sweet! :)

to the westwood mac-d's then!?!?

the yellow kinda gives me away! :-(

cant seem to find them anymore, it used to be at cecil square, then mcd's they seem to have dissapeared!!

any cars i should stay away from??!!?

only one i wont race is a blue rover turbo thingy (dont know model numbers of crap cars!!) heard its heavily modded and v quick!

would be interesting to put them head to head on the prospect inn 'mad mile'!

does the induction kit sound any good?

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
i havn't been down westwood 4 a while. but when i used 2 in me xr2 i had fun chasin all the little idiots !!

dont know of any cars round that way 2 look out 4, but in herne bay there's a couple of renault 5's that r meant 2 b quite quick.

havn't raced em yet but im just waiting 4 the chance.

theres a red 1.4 round ur way sumwhere done up 2 look like a cupra (we done it 4 him:) ) my is debadge and made 2 look like a slower car, just 2 confuse people :)

ps mines imperial blue so it doesn't realy look like a fast car:D

Big Steve

Woody, If you want to test your speedo I'll be happy to help... I'm sure Big Pete would like to join in with his 20vt as well.
burnout.gif

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.