312mm brake upgrade - how to

Hazg40

May 10, 2009
Good thread! I found inspiration here to try something new after my standard sized grooved and drilled black diamonds and ds2500's were shot to bits in record time again! Went for Ate 54 calipers with oe pads and then fiat coupe turbo 305 discs redrilled to 4*100.

Cheers

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I have a set of 312mm brake to fit but the pic have vanished from the thread, what part of the carrier needs machining? Anyone got any pictures?

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Sorry never noticed the pictures had disappeared, it's the inner face of the carrier where it bolts against the hub that needs machined down. I'll try and host the pictures somewhere else for a better reference

dogy_

I have a serial brake 1.8turbo sport, but would like to upgrade to 312mm or 320mm discs and calipers, does anyone have an idea where I can get?

I have no problem with the drives I have enough good suppliers

stevenmk92

Sorry never noticed the pictures had disappeared, it's the inner face of the carrier where it bolts against the hub that needs machined down. I'll try and host the pictures somewhere else for a better reference

Sorry mate don't suppose you managed to get the pics working or if you could would you be able to email me the pics so that I can see that part I need to mill off. :help:

Thanks Ste.

chaoticreign

Sorry mate don't suppose you managed to get the pics working or if you could would you be able to email me the pics so that I can see that part I need to mill off. :help:

Thanks Ste.

Would you be able to email them to me aswell please? :)

Really want to do the swap on mine!

Thanks,
Ant

turboholic

CupraPower
Mar 4, 2010
Bristol/Bath/Frome
5mm off here -------->

carrier-1.png

before........
20130706_110525.jpg

after..........
312mmbrakes.jpg

20130706_115752.jpg

stevenmk92

Thanks alot for the reply mate, Thats all that needs doing then just 5mm milling off there and they will fit ??

Thanks.

Haughan

Feb 18, 2012
Anyone able to shed some light on where needs 5mm taking off pics aren't showing for some reason

hixonseatboy

Nov 15, 2008
Right guys looking into this. I can find loads of calipers but people seem to sell the carriers separate will any set of carries do the job or has any one got a part number for the right set which needs machining.

Flash20vt

May 30, 2013
Can anyone confirm that 5mm off the caliper carriers was correct? Finding conflicting info about it, some say 4mm, 5mm or 6mm. What have people found best?

srki

Oct 27, 2015
Sorry for an old theme, but im wright now on this upgrade.
Did anybody have any problems with calipers because thoose 5mm? I saw some advices that it is too much to remove, but i couldnt find if anybody had any problems like breaking calipers or something similar

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.