Custom Leon / VW Cluster

R44MS K

Jul 11, 2010
I did a little project for someone recently

VW Passat clocks, modified to fit and work with a Seat Leon

I have enabled Miles to empty and the Welcome message on the full height screen (FIS)

what does everyone think?

:-o

img_05601.jpg

img_05681.jpg

img_05711.jpg

img_05792.jpg

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
12fd144b.jpg
I like the blue/red dials that I had in my Polo GTI 6N2 so this is my MK4 Ibiza Cupra TDI dash. I just removed the clocks and replaced some of the LED's.

Awesome work above, looks great BTW. What year are the clocks from?

Last edited:

scotty86d

One of 2 things I'd love on my car, cruise and some vw/audi clocks with miles to empty.

Does anyone do this/is it a bugger to do?

M206

Apr 15, 2011
wonderful mod!!:D

but it seems to me that you didn't get the open doors icon with the all 4 doors showed in the fis..:think:

if you tell me which oem code the new tacho is, maybe i could be able to help you.. ;)

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'll be doing this mod to my nearly acquired TDI FR in the next few weeks hopefully. I'll be poaching the full FIS clocks from my mk4 wagon and adding some extra visual tweaks whilst they're stripped as well.

Could someone please confirm that it's just a case of swapping the mk4 bezel with the Audi A3 8L bezel for it to fit into the mk1 Leon dash?

I hated the standard clocks before i even bought this car! ha

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Here's mine, I'll be changing the fuel and temp gauge foils to Passat W8 ones though as silver arch fits the round opening better. (mk4 Golfs don't have a round opening in the bezel)

The needles are a hybrid of mk6 Golf and the later mk4 Golf ones.
It was quite fiddly to separate the innards of them with a Dremel but quite happy with the turn out.
If I'd left the stock as many people do the fuel and temp needles come up a bit short over the gauge...and I'm fussy ha!

ae7354316fba854c24b85383596d252e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.