auto glym aqua wax questoin help!

jorgii

Jan 4, 2011
I have bought some auto glym aqua wax and after afew people said its really good, been reading up on it and seem the dogs, but what is the best way to you it? As a normal wax or as a top up, and when is the best time during the polishing and waxing stage

Thank

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I used to use this all the time, still do if I just want to give it a quick wax. Easiest way to do it would be wash, clay and polish the car as you usually do. Then give it a rinse to get any residue from polishing off. Then dry the car with an appropriate towel.

Get a spray bottle and fill it with clean water. Spray one panel so it's got a bit of water on it (not heaps or you'll dilute the wax and it won't do anything). Now spray it with the wax, hard to say how much, get a bit of coverage but don't go nuts. Use one microfiber cloth to work the water and wax together until the paintwork is slightly hazy. Give it a minute or two then buff off.

Once you've done one panel then move on to the next. I guess you could wet the next panel while you're waiting to buff off the last one.

It gives a reasonable finish, not as good as Autoglym HD wax or some of the more upmarket ones but it's easier and quicker to work with. You can always do a couple of coats to build it up a bit.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Dont use it as your main wax, its no good for that. Just for topping up through the winter/between waxes

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.