Installing Rear Indicator LEDs

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
Dazzle?

Thanks for the excellent comprehensive advice shown here.
Now that you Seat owners have had a little time with these 'bright' LED's has anyone suffered any annoyance from 'other' drivers who are dazzled by the indicators or Reverse Light?

Deleted member 98136

Had to take mine out, Every time you indicated it cut the DAB signal out [:@], and they weren't the cheap bulbs.
Normal bulbs ok, led no DAB when indicating[:@]

I too have exactly the same issue, it doesn't happen everytime however, I'm thinking it must be down to when I'm indicating and the fact I'm in an area of a weakish DAB signal.

Wouldn't have a clue as to why they would affect the DAB broadcast signal, but I can live with that.

Deleted member 98136

Thanx for the link rcopus, hadn't seen that before.

GTRACING

Sep 27, 2014
Hi.
Great write up, I have a 2012 Exeo ST , I asked the question on that forum regarding changing the indicators to LEDs, No one seems to have done the conversion, does anyone know if these bulbs will fit the Exeo , without lighting up the dash. Many thanks.
Regards
GT

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
I did this last night. So pleased with the new ones. Much brighter and now matches the front ones.

Thanks for the guide. I can confirm that it is extremely easy to do.

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
My 2016 light "nut" is square with a flat scree head inside it and the washer all part of it! Has anybody seen the likes of this before? Everything else seems to be the same, but no way to use a hex nut on it.
Incidentally my boot light is a full LED unit as standard as well! Although glove box isn't.

Max M4X WW

Jan 20, 2015
Nr. Guildford
My 2016 light "nut" is square with a flat scree head inside it and the washer all part of it! Has anybody seen the likes of this before? Everything else seems to be the same, but no way to use a hex nut on it.
Incidentally my boot light is a full LED unit as standard as well! Although glove box isn't.
Stick a 1/2" drive extension in it.

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
I assume given your most recent post you've already bought them, but personally I'd say no, as I'd want ones with some LEDs on the sides to make maximum use of the reflector and provide the most brightness. See how you get on with them though.

I actually haven't got them yet. I was wanting to make sure I was comfortable accessing the panel before ordering them.
Thanks for the advice, I absolutely see what you mean and I think I'll hold off and spend a few more quid on them instead.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
No to both! No errors, no weird flash rates or anything like that. No DAB interference either, although I'm led to believe that's down to where the antenna is on the car which can differ for some model years. Mine is a 2014 FR 5-door.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
The hardest part I found was getting the light clusters to come free from the car itself, you need to pull (and use more force than you'd expect) at the right angle without wiggling it too much otherwise you can break the studs that hold it in place. Similarly, you need to use a decent amount of firm force to get them back on and sitting flush again.

Hope it goes well. :)

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
1. I note the listing does not mention as to whether they are canbus error free, have you noticed any problems ?

2. Do they affect the DAB signal at all ?

Thanks

I bought these over a month ago, but only just got around to fitting them Saturday!

Only driven 20 or so miles with them, but;

They work, no error lights, no faster flashing, look great.
So far they've not made any change to the DAB signal, although not sure if it's extra strong around Manchester/South Manchester and I've not been any further.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.