Ibiza Cupra + Cupra R 0-100?

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Neil82 said:
Right now with your current mods going from that video my car would be side by side with you to 100 and eak a ball hair to 120 on your car, not sure what would happen after that as I've never had it over 120 and never intend to.

Ok then neil, lets both do a video run from 80-120mph both in 4th gear and see who is the quicker. Get your m8's vts doing a 4th gear 80-120mph run as well. And lets see who is the quicker.

You pick out the info you feel like using Neil, you pick your best run of all time, in the dry on a drag strip that is covered with old rubber which aids traction, my run was in the wet, not a multitude of runs. Just one try in the wet just for the crack. Put your money where your mouth is and provide the 80-120mph 4th gear run.

antonyjames_uk

I love the loud Peddle
Ok I have had 106 GTi which is the same car as the VTS and it had Custom exhaust, ecosse forced air induction and cat by pass and it romped passed a Clio 172 (02 plate) at 140 and that is not as quick as my Ibiza.

I have a little test where I accelerate off a roundabout and clock my speed as I pass under the bridge in my 106 the best was 114 and in my Ibiza the best is 124.

Now I know there is aa difference in speedos and what not and I know that someone will say that the book time of a VTS is quicker than the 106 but I there is no difference.

oh and by the way popped out this evening and saw a VTS he very very quickly became a dot in the mirror.

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Madmile said:
Ok then neil, lets both do a video run from 80-120mph both in 4th gear and see who is the quicker. Get your m8's vts doing a 4th gear 80-120mph run as well. And lets see who is the quicker.

You pick out the info you feel like using Neil, you pick your best run of all time, in the dry on a drag strip that is covered with old rubber which aids traction, my run was in the wet, not a multitude of runs. Just one try in the wet just for the crack. Put your money where your mouth is and provide the 80-120mph 4th gear run.
Mad I rekon I might get a better time using some of 3rd which runs to about 96? I'll give it a shot after work using the AP22.

CupraMatty

Ive been told im Special?
May 31, 2004
Huntingdon, Cambs
why is everyone under the impression a clio 172 is quick? with or without a cup in it ;)

the same with a VTS! 106GTis feel quicker than a VTS (just), and handle 20x better!

they are not....... unless my car is super quick!

Dave McBride

Hi Guys
Dont know why you are concerned how fast your car is up to 100mph.
I have only done about 50 miles or so in my standard Ibiza cupra. On joining the motorway in 3rd gear (40mph ish) I floored it to see the results! I was too busy watching the road to change gear as the car passed 100mph....the road cleared and I thought S#it I still have two gears to go!!! When I looked in the mirror I saw some crazy mother smiling back at me!!

antonyjames_uk

I love the loud Peddle
Dave McBride said:
Hi Guys
Dont know why you are concerned how fast your car is up to 100mph.
I have only done about 50 miles or so in my standard Ibiza cupra. On joining the motorway in 3rd gear (40mph ish) I floored it to see the results! I was too busy watching the road to change gear as the car passed 100mph....the road cleared and I thought S#it I still have two gears to go!!! When I looked in the mirror I saw some crazy mother smiling back at me!!

Just you wait til you get a remap :drool: . 28mpg would be like heaven

Dave McBride

Hi Tony :)
I see everyone is 195.137.124.28! at freedom2surf.net and using Win XP IE6.
Maybe you are having an identy crisis??
But You had me for a min though :clap:

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
Neil82 said:
not sure what would happen after that as I've never had it over 120 and never intend to.

are you sure,cant believe someone would "tune" their car like you and not even give it one run to see what it would do!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
i think you know exactly what would happen :birdy:

get a vid done then you can argue the point

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
didgy2 said:
are you sure,cant believe someone would "tune" their car like you and not even give it one run to see what it would do!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
i think you know exactly what would happen :birdy:

get a vid done then you can argue the point

What you trying to say? My pals bog standard Cup can do 143 mph on GPS so rekon mine might see the right side of 145 mph. Not that it means jack sh?t in this country. :thumbd:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.