Dashboard Always ON

ovoro

Jan 25, 2017
Hello everybody, i'm sorry for my bad english, but i'm a non native english speaker.
Yesterday i bought my first car, it's a ibiza 6l 12v 1200 year 2002.
Today i notice that even if the car engine is off, and the car is looked, the dashboard ( not sure if the right name, btw the part with the total km and the time) is always on, it always show the time and tot km even after sever hours the car has been turned off and locked...
Anyone know how to fix it?

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, welcome to this forum, I'm sure that we will understand your English well enough!

I can't help you, though I think that I've seen that problem being reported already, maybe on this forum, so maybe try using the "search" function.

One other thing, this area of this forum is for placing answers for Frequently Asked Questions - and not for asking for help, so maybe try posting this again in the main area of this Mk4 Ibiza area as that will give you a better chance of getting replies.

Edit:- I've tried a couple of versions of your posting title on "search" with no good answers, so maybe use Google first and it might find a posting in here.

Last edited:

ovoro

Jan 25, 2017
Hi, welcome to this forum, I'm sure that we will understand your English well enough!

I can't help you, though I think that I've seen that problem being reported already, maybe on this forum, so maybe try using the "search" function.

One other thing, this area of this forum is for placing answers for Frequently Asked Questions - and not for asking for help, so maybe try posting this again in the main area of this Mk4 Ibiza area as that will give you a better chance of getting replies.

Edit:- I've tried a couple of versions of your posting title on "search" with no good answers, so maybe use Google first and it might find a posting in here.

Thankyou, i'll try to post in the other area, sorry!
By the way, i already tried to google it, but can't find nothing for my car, only similar issue (dashboard light always on) on other cars, usually caused by radio, so i try to take it out..

jono2445

Apr 25, 2015
Flintshire, N Wales
If you mean the mileage and time LCD parts of the speedo and rev counter, then these are always on, this is normal

If you have the left LCD screen on mpg for example, it will revert to the time when the ignition is switched off

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

ovoro

Jan 25, 2017
If you mean the mileage and time LCD parts of the speedo and rev counter, then these are always on, this is normal

If you have the left LCD screen on mpg for example, it will revert to the time when the ignition is switched off

Hope this helps!
Yeah, it's only the time and mileage always on! Thank you very much, i feel better now!!
And sorry everyone for the stupid question!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yeah, it's only the time and mileage always on! Thank you very much, i feel better now!!
And sorry everyone for the stupid question!

Oh well, so now to completely be convinced that that is okay, why not go out for a walk when it is dark and check out some other cars that are the same as your car?

I know I take some convincing about things like that even if I've been told the correct answer!

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
Hello
I have a similar problem with my 1.2.
The dash lights flicker on and off randomly, its been like that for a while and iv just lived with it.
I also have a problem with the immobilizer. Which when I try to start the car I get the yellow key symbol flash on the dash. To overcome this I have to put my fingers on the 120mph part of the speedo and push while turning the key and the car starts.
This is a common problem due to dry solder joins.
I'm guessing the dash lights coming on are related.
There is a fix for it and a you tube video but I'm yet to do this as I can live with this fault

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Only problem I can see there is, if or when this cracked solder joint gets any worse, you might just get stranded? I'd think that that needs sorting as soon as the weather gets warmer, or right now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.