Fuel Door Solenoid

CameraJack

Mar 5, 2017
Hi there!

New member here. I drive a Passat but my girlfriend has a '99 1.4 Ibiza. Today the fuel flap decided that it no longer wanted to unlock. Luckily it was easy enough to pry the door open without doing any damage and I've folded the lock plate back a little so it the door functions properly, it just doesn't lock. It looks like the solenoid has failed. I'll have no problems replacing it but I'm currently having trouble tracking down the part on my usual source, eBay. Does anyone know if the same part from something like a Polo of similar vintage will also fit? Any other tips or tricks?

Thanks for any help in advance.

CameraJack

Mar 5, 2017
Cheers man!

I know there's loads of cross-over parts but it's know what's compatible with which car!

It's getting tough to find parts for these cars which is a shame. My mk3 Golfs were laughably easy to get parts for.

AvoK95

Apr 11, 2016
Lebanon
Cheers man!

I know there's loads of cross-over parts but it's know what's compatible with which car!

It's getting tough to find parts for these cars which is a shame. My mk3 Golfs were laughably easy to get parts for.

Yea mate, I'm from Lebanese and these cars are pretty rare. I always on the hunt from part number from 7zap.com to Google and match them with part numbers of other cars and hunt down parts guys and junk yards to find parts.

My car still has a whole list of things I'm trying to get hold off. I found a guy who imports parts from Sweden. Hopefully he'll be a help :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.