Seat Leon FR+ (208 BHP) - Celtic Tuning

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
Evening.

Had the Leon remapped to Stage 1 on Thursday and felt the need to leave a positive review for Celtic Tunings ECU.

Car was completely standard and 25,000 miles covered so decided to give it a bit of a treat to cure my boredom!

Quick phone call to my local garage (Berengrave in Medway) and they quoted me an increase of 54BHP and 105lb/ft, figures seemed a bit over the top to me but any increase is a bonus I presumed. Anyway, having booked in and left the car with them I received a phone call 3 hours later to say the car was ready for collection.

Now I can't confirm if the figures quoted were true (Dyno booked for next week, will update then) but having picked the car up and covered 250 miles over the weekend I can assure you that the car now drives like a complete beast! It just revs up in every gear and doesn't stop pulling until you realise that you are slightly breaking the speed limit! Add on to that the 40mpg I got on a 100 mile journey, the first time iv ever seen more than 37mpg!

In total the £250 I parted with has proven to be the best money I have spent on the car since owning it.

Not usually one to write these kind of posts but I had read a lot of bad reviews about Celtic Tuning and the fact that it's not a completely custom remap but besides being slightly wary to begin with I can confirm that everything has turned out better than I could have expected!

Big thumbs up to Celtic Tuning and Berengrave Service Station.

Any questions about the car or way that the remap was carried out just fire away!

Cheers.

Chris.

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
Morning.

I used Celtic but my engine is the 2.0 TFSI Petrol. Below is the link for the exact service I had. They also carried out the Vmax_Removal for me for free.

celtictuning-kentauthoriseddealer.co.uk/vehicle-stats/seat/leon-1p-2005-2012/petrol/2-0-tfsi-208-bhp-2005-2012/stage-1/

Chris.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ah ok fair enough, I thought it was a PD150 Leon FR+ that you had remapped.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
Unfortunately not mate. Think the FR+ I have got is quite rare. Only 94 in that specification registered at the moment.

The gains on your engine look pretty decent though and you will definitely notice the difference!

Chris.

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
Afternoon mate.

Only covered another 100 miles in it since the weekend but most of this has been enjoying the extra power around town! Still the MPG has only dropped from 40.3 to an average of 37.8. Better than I used to get on normal city driving.

Cheers.

Chris.

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
As promised, a quick update.

Went to an impartial dealer today and put the car on there rolling road and it was dyno'ed at 265.3 BHP and 298.6 lb/ft torque so the figures are better than quoted on power and only slightly less on torque.

Had the map on the car for 4 weeks now, no problems at all and driving it has become so much smoother and more enjoyable.

I have printouts of my Dyno runs if anyone is interested I can put them on here.

Cheers.

Chris.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members