Replacing all 4 tyres

Batedor3D

Mar 19, 2014
Hello lads,

I'm replacing all 4 tyres on my 1.2FR TSI Ibiza. I was told that the Bridgestone Potenza RE050 are no longer produced and they dont have any stock for me, so I'm left with 2 options that seem good:

1- Bridgestone Potenza S001
2- Yokohama Advan Fleva v701

the measures are 215/40R17 87V

any inputs?

Batedor3D

Mar 19, 2014
Michelin are not avaible in my size according to their website (at least here in Portugal)

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Pirelli P7. My FR came with them on, quieter than the Bridgestones which wet on the car I test drove, good in the dry and wet.m and still going strong nearly 19,000 miles later. I drive the car quite gently normally but it does get some stuck on the back roads now and again.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Have you got a budget?

If budget is tight: Fulda Sport Control 2 has good reviews (some say perhaps rebadged GY Eagle F1 A2, as GY owns Fulda)

Others: Dunlop SportMaxx RT/2, GoodYear Eagle F1 A3

You may find the above tyres may be quieter than the Bridgestones RE050A (which btw, I do have on mine, but they are just 3k miles old). I find them decent if not a little noisy. They don't seem to lose any air though...maybe good valves.
Miles better than my former Seat Leon Leon's Bridgestone Turranza ER300 Eco.

Assuming you have the 17 inch Tagus rims as well?

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
I had continentals contisport 4/5 on mine when i first got in, had 16,000 on the clock when I bought the car and they only lasted till 19,000. I now have Michielin PS3's on and they are amazing,very smooth, next to no rolling resistance, braking distance is brilliant and they hardly ever slip in the wet. Great set of tyres for the front.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My only concerns about Michelin summer tyres is that they can get lethal in winter weather.

I am a Michelin fan, but by becoming a Michelin summer tyre user was the very reason why I now have a second set of wheels for both our cars fitted with Michelin Alpins.

Though maybe I'm just getting the best of both worlds, though local weather conditions will dictate if winter tyres are really necessary, in other word, I'm not on a crusade to demand everyone uses winter tyres in winter time, curiously or maybe not, we were over in Berlin at the beginning of this month, and about 50% of the cars had winter tyres on them, I did not expect that, I know Germany mandates the use of winter tyres in winter, but keeping them on in summer is not the best plan - even in Berlin area.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.