Upgraded headlight bulbs

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
Hi peeps I have yet another problem and would really appreciate any comments for this. I bought some mtec 100w cosmos blue bulbs and wow they look amazing giving off a nice white/purplish colour but for some reason the right bulb keeps blowing I mean I put one set in n it blew so they sent me another set and that one has just blown. I don't no why it's just the one but I don't wanna put the other one in incase that blows n I'll be left with using the standard horrible yellow ones. What fuse size is suppose to be in there? As I've read somewhere that they should be 10 amp but I got 15 amp in mine so could that be the problem. Thanks guys if u can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
Could it be the bulb cover inside the light that's making it too hot by touching it or what could it be ?

Cupra Mason

Mk1 Cupra R Stage 2
Jul 12, 2017
Your not touching the bulb itself with your fingers are you? that is known to cause a bulb to blow prematurely.

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
No mate I ain't what's happening now is when I turn my lights on sometimes the drivers light don't come on so if I turn it off then on again a few times it comes on.

Cupra Mason

Mk1 Cupra R Stage 2
Jul 12, 2017
Dodgy connection maybe? Either wiring or the connecter itself. Have someone that knows about electrics have a look at it.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Is this a H7 bulb for the dipped headlights we are on about? If so then 100w is way too powerful , i think they are meant to be 55w from memory. If that is the case then they are probably getting too hot and burning out, or the wires can't handle the current.

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
But the passengers side is ok it's just the drivers side plays up

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It might be something else, you can't really tell without looking at it, but doubling the wattage is risking a fire in the wiring, both from the heat and the current being drawn.

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
Ok thanks for ur help I'll get the less wattage ones then n plus get my wiring checked out cause I'm also having issues with my n75 valve. Someone has rewired it and it's bringing up a fault code. It's one thing after another with my car and it's a shame cause I've always wanted a Leon but have had trouble with it ever since I got it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.