Water coming out all 4 doors

sdousley

May 16, 2017
Northamptonshire
Hi

So I just got in the car to leave my dad's house this afternoon, and on opening the driver's door, some water came out the bottom. I had to put some stuff in the back too, and water came out that door.

I then checked the passenger side, and water came out both those doors as well.

I looked underneath, and there does appear to be some holes (I presume to let water out) but should water really be getting into the door cavity anyway?

I know it rained last night, so that I presume is where the water came from, but didn't expect any to be caught within the door itself. Is this normal/expected?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
This was last discussed a long time ago, so to recap, yes this is crap, and yes this has become normal. SEAT don't seem to have done anything to restrict/stop rain water getting into the top areas of these doors, Polo of the same vintage does not have that issue, in my experience (wife runs an August 2015 Polo 5 door)

Last edited:

sdousley

May 16, 2017
Northamptonshire
This was last discussed a long time ago, so to recap, yes this is crap, and yes this has become normal. SEAT don't seem to have done anything to restrict/stop rain water getting into the top areas of these doors, Polo of the same vintage does not have that issue, in my experience (wife runs an August 2015 Polo 5 door)
Ok I guess if it's common it's less of a thing too worry about just hope it doesn't rust the door through with the standing water in the door.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Hi.

I had this with my Cupra I've just got. I rang my local dealer and they said the water is meant to drain out as my drivers ad was sloshing about
When opening the door. He said the drain holes on bottom could be block by a bit of tape by manufacture.... and I checked and he was right was white bit of tape just holding the water ffrom dripping out. Other holes was clear but it was parked on sloped drive so wasn't draining out. He said the door seals on window can only stop so much water and it's normal for it to go in the door but should drain out. Check your drain holes and they may look clear till you get a lot of water that's when it pushes tape or crap into the hole and blocking. Hope this helps

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.